Holden MG Norwich - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I’m in a difficult place with my latest MG5.
I had the ZS (from Holdens) and loved it, then bought an MG5 (from Holdens again) because I needed longer range.
After 36 days of ownership, my MG5 just stopped charging, and had to be low loaded back to the dealership.
It was dropped off on Saturday the 17th of December and no-one seems to have any idea what is wrong with it or how to fix it.
It’s had the software updates and was declared ready to collect last Friday, but an hour later I was told that I couldn’t collect it after all because another fault had been found.
I still have an order in for July delivery of a new MG4, (Holdens again) and I did offer to exchange one of their second hand hybrids in exchange for mine, (same value) to give them time to fix the MG5.
But they wanted £3700 as well as my MG5 to do the deal.
That would mean over £100 a day for the 36 days I owned the the MG5.
Reluctantly I have turned to a solicitor for help, as I fear I am getting nowhere.
It’s now been off the road longer than the time it was working.
Really disappointing.

I’m in a difficult place with my latest MG5.
I had the ZS (from Holdens) and loved it, then bought an MG5 (from Holdens again) because I needed longer range.
After 36 days of ownership, my MG5 just stopped charging, and had to be low loaded back to the dealership.
It was dropped off on Saturday the 17th of December and no-one seems to have any idea what is wrong with it or how to fix it.
It’s had the software updates and was declared ready to collect last Friday, but an hour later I was told that I couldn’t collect it after all because another fault had been found.
I still have an order in for July delivery of a new MG4, (Holdens again) and I did offer to exchange one of their second hand hybrids in exchange for mine, (same value) to give them time to fix the MG5.
But they wanted £3700 as well as my MG5 to do the deal.
That would mean over £100 a day for the 36 days I owned the the MG5.
Reluctantly I have turned to a solicitor for help, as I fear I am getting nowhere.
It’s now been off the road longer than the time it was working.
Really disappointing.
Quick update.
Charging issue has been set to one side, on the grounds that ‘we can charge it OK here in the garage’. This is despite the fact that the AA confirmed that the car wouldn’t charge.
But, they have decided it needs a new IPK, which won’t get here until the middle of February, by which time the car will have been a paperweight for about two and a half months.
See you again on Valentine‘s Day. 💜

Ordered an MG4 August '22 and collected at start of November. Experience was a little frustrating (car took two weeks longer to get from dock to me than they had suggested) but overall I got the car more rapidly than I had probably expected - it seems there were fewer people in the "queue" for the SR.

In general, they did a decent job and were personable. When time came for the "lock in" update I had to push for an appointment in what I considered a reasonable timeframe (it was a safety recall after all). But they fitted me in and quickly gave up on the idea of charging me for a courtesy car.

I wouldn't say they went above and beyond or did something that made me think "wow, what fantastic customer service", but they basically did their job okay.

Quick update.
Charging issue has been set to one side, on the grounds that ‘we can charge it OK here in the garage’. This is despite the fact that the AA confirmed that the car wouldn’t charge.
But, they have decided it needs a new IPK, which won’t get here until the middle of February, by which time the car will have been a paperweight for about two and a half months.
See you again on Valentine‘s Day. 💜

Sorry to ask this, but what's an IPK? Thanks!

Took my MG4 here for it's first service. After which it wouldn't rapid charge (fortunately discovered close to home). Took it in again and they fixed the issue, but in doing so stopped the car from going above 40-50mph. Took it in a third time to be sorted. They still choose not to update the infotainment system.
The people are friendly and courteous, but I have to question the competency of their mechanics. From what I can tell they simply didn't do the whole job each time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom