How low did you go?

gazter

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
What’s the lowest you’ve gone on battery capacity? Or have you run out before ?

Just wondering what 0% means…

I used to have a hybrid outlander which had a battery that did 25 miles (don’t laugh ) and a petrol engine.
It would run battery then petrol but it had a limp home battery that would kick in when out of both battery and petrol. From memory about 35mph.I tried it a few times and each time the extra few miles from the emergency reserve got me home..
So. Does no battery left really mean no battery left on the mg5?

There was a post and 0% you will stop the GOM does not show under 9 miles.
I never been under 10%

Interesting the differences between EVs. My wife got down to 0% on our 30kwh Leaf and it still travelled another 3 miles! I will be aware of this when I start driving my MG 5!

Im guessing recovery vehicles are going to be carrying as standard some kind of high capacity charger to get people ten miles or so of fast charge.
Or they could tow you in D and regenerate some miles into the battery at the same time. ;)

I ran until it stopped once, at 10 miles you get the --- show up, zero your trip counter at this point and drive steady and you will have at least 10 miles. You get a red, very low battery warning at about 2 miles left, then a Turtle shows up and cuts power to a minimal level, literally about 100 yards/metres before the car stops. Once the car has stopped, it will not move at all under its own power until charged! There is no turning it off, waiting 10 minutes and restarting to get a few metres to run it to a safe place or such, it is utterly dead until charged, so best to stop where you can safely at the last red, very low warning!

I accidentally went down to 2%, and when charging, I think that showed 4 miles left.

I am a bit more careful now..:D
It is one of those things i always want to check with a car. Ive had many a traditional car that has told me its empty but has thirty or even fifty miles in the tank. If zero really means zero it is good to know

I ran until it stopped once, at 10 miles you get the --- show up, zero your trip counter at this point and drive steady and you will have at least 10 miles. You get a red, very low battery warning at about 2 miles left, then a Turtle shows up and cuts power to a minimal level, literally about 100 yards/metres before the car stops. Once the car has stopped, it will not move at all under its own power until charged! There is no turning it off, waiting 10 minutes and restarting to get a few metres to run it to a safe place or such, it is utterly dead until charged, so best to stop where you can safely at the last red, very low warning!
Exactly what i was wanting to know... The 'turtle' gives me the flashback to the Outlander i mentioned, which showed a turtle/tortoise on the dash when it ran out of petrol and battery.

Well that's even more exciting.... I saw the turtle....

6% and 14 miles today, fingers crossed that the charger I was heading for was working..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom