Hypervolt installed today

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Very happy with the installation.
Now set up for a timed charge from 0030-0430 hrs so hopefully I'll be able to confirm everything works correctly tomorrow.

New Hypervolt Charge Point.jpg

I see no cable running to the unit, so I guess that comes out behind it. Did they do some nice internal routing for you, or are you one of those lucky people where the CU just happens to be on the other side of the wall to where you wanted the wall box?

Looks nice and neat, they certainly have given you a nice clean instal!
Just paid for one myself, to replace the Ohme charger!!!!! (Which after 12 months is going in the bin!)
Can’t wait to have no grief when charging, especially as we are now an ice free house hold or should I say car hold.
One question to you @Alb, on the app can you dim the leds right down?
As our charger location is on the front of our porch so is on display and I don’t like the idea of an opportunist vandle coming onto our property to have at it.

Ps. I see you have the best colour! Go #teamred!

I don’t own a Hypervolt myself, but if I needed a new unit, I would strongly consider one of these units.
I do believe you can change both the colour of the LED’s and turn down the strength of the brightness right down.
Nice clean install, back entry into the wall box is always a neater job.
My guess would be that the CU is in the garage which is a big help.
Small cable run as well I would imagine.
#Team Red strikes again !.

looks very smart. out of interest who did you get to fit? i looked on the hypervolt site but i couldnt work out if they have recommended installers or if you just found a local installer?

Looks good. Mine is the same with cable hidden running behind the unit. Looks so much neater if your installation allows it.

Well it did the 4 hour timed charge successfully so it's given me pretty much everything I wanted.
I'll be posting up another thread giving details of the installation itself.

As our charger location is on the front of our porch so is on display and I don’t like the idea of an opportunist vandle coming onto our property to have at it.

Ps. I see you have the best colour! Go #teamred!
Yup, the HyperVolt App lets you turn the LEDS from 0 to 100% in 25% steps....

Yup, the HyperVolt App lets you turn the LEDS from 0 to 100% in 25% steps....
I don’t own a Hypervolt myself, but if I needed a new unit, I would strongly consider one of these units.
I do believe you can change both the colour of the LED’s and turn down the strength of the brightness right down.
Nice clean install, back entry into the wall box is always a neater job.
My guess would be that the CU is in the garage which is a big help.
Small cable run as well I would imagine.
#Team Red strikes again !.
Thanks chaps for the info👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom