I’m in N Wales

We're going to Conwy in May. As far as I can see from ABRP and Google, the only rapid charger is at Lidl in Llandudno Junction. There is an Instavolt at Darwin Escapes Holiday Home and Leisure Park but Google comments indicate it's not reliable.
Any comments about chargers in the area would be helpful.
Diolch (thanks)

We're going to Conwy in May. As far as I can see from ABRP and Google, the only rapid charger is at Lidl in Llandudno Junction. There is an Instavolt at Darwin Escapes Holiday Home and Leisure Park but Google comments indicate it's not reliable.
Any comments about chargers in the area would be helpful.
Diolch (thanks)
For clarification, do you need rapid chargers while you are there, or will fast chargers do. Or do you need rapids for getting there and coming back.
I spent a week in Llandudno and topped up at the Talardy Hotel pub (St. Asaph) next to the Expressway to approx 85% on the way there which lasted me for pootling about for a week, then did a rapid topup on the way home.
There are quite a few along the Expressway.

@Gomev I'm hoping to charge at the rapid Fuuse station on the A55 at Bodelwyddan on the way there and may be on the way back. Thanks for the Talardy Hotel tip. If I can't charge at the holiday accommodation, I'd like a rapid charger nearby to avoid waiting at a 'fast' charger.

I spent a week in Llandudno and topped up at the Talardy Hotel pub (St. Asaph) next to the Expressway
This was the A55 rapid unit that immediately springs to my mind as well.
I have a feeling it maybe the last rapid unit on the way to Llandudno ?.
There is few other rapid units in the Ewloe area if you need a charge earlier.
If you find yourself closer to the beach at Rhos-on- sea there is a 7 kw Pod Point post down there.

Last edited:
@Lovemyev Have you tried the rapid Fuuse station on the A55 at Bodelwyddan?
Just spotted your question, sorry.
No I have not tried the Fuuse unit as it is fairly close to home 🤣.
I was not even aware that there was a unit in Bodelwyddan to be totally honest.
Where is that charger located, just out of interest.
Not in the grounds of the hotel below by any chance ?.
Likely to be a 7Kw post if so and is it only available to hotel guests ????.

I have now found the Fuuse units on Zap Map and these are CCS / Chad / Type 2.

Some of the reviews say that one of the rapids is not working, but these units must be fairly close to the ones at the Talardy Hotel pub (St. Asaph) as a back up plan

Last edited:
Despite the serious lack of CCS2 capable public charging infrastructure in North Wales, over the Easter break I managed to drive from east London to Benllech (near Bangor) and back without running out of charge despite my best attempts (never seen less than 10% more often than on this trip 😅)
Outward leg (via Leeds to visit a friend)
IMG_2382.jpeg

Did about 50 miles around Anglesey a visit to Snowdon
IMG_2428.jpeg

Return leg
IMG_2462.jpeg

Most motorways at 70mph

Will summarise charging experience and totals in a follow up post

Had a great holiday in N Wales last year - charging on site though so didn’t need much else. booking.com and presumably some other sites let you filter results by ‘has charging’ which was definitely a good idea

Had a great holiday in N Wales last year - charging on site though so didn’t need much else. booking.com and presumably some other sites let you filter results by ‘has charging’ which was definitely a good idea
Its always worth asking also even if it does not state. A properly wired outside plug brings a granny charger into play. I have done that with an Airbnb at Christmas and l will be doing so again for a long weekend in August. I wouldn't be keen on using inside plugs though, through an open window. It's fine at my folks using the plug in the garage but that's because I know the wiring is decent.

Last edited:
I live in St Asaph, and i've tagged this link because I am still trying to find where the best charging options are in the area. I'm sure that it's been mentioned already but just in case, keep in mind the MG showrooms at Ellesmere Port (next to Cheshire Oaks at least 5 chargers) and one in Abergele right next to the A55 (Which has at least one charger) I have used both places for free recently, although I felt as though they thought that maybe they were doing me a favour... Which leads to a question; are they not free to use for MG customers anyway? At least during opening times...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom