Infotainment screen gone blank

3pigs

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have a HS PHEV, not had any issues with it at all but today the Infotainment screen just went blank.
Can it be rebooted somehow?

Did you switch the car off then give 20 seconds and restart. Also press the home key until you see the MG logo.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago when on holiday in Scotland - wouldn’t turn on for a couple of days. MG assistance sent out a local mechanic and screen came on again after he disconnected the 12v battery for a few minutes. Been fine since.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago when on holiday in Scotland - wouldn’t turn on for a couple of days. MG assistance sent out a local mechanic and screen came on again after he disconnected the 12v battery for a few minutes. Been fine since.
Ok thanks, I presume I can try that without a MG mechanic.

Thanks, I tried pressing the home button but nothing comes up. I will try the disconnecting the battery tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks, disconnected the battery and the screen came back. However, I have some other warning messages come up now.
Hopefully just due to disconnecting battery, I will reset everything and take it for a spin and see if it clears.

Thanks, disconnected the battery and the screen came back. However, I have some other warning messages come up now.
Hopefully just due to disconnecting battery, I will reset everything and take it for a spin and see if it clears.
Let us all if they clear.

My ZS does this occasionally, most annoying. Turning it off for a couple of minutes usually works.

Try and press the home button on the piano keys for about 10 seconds until you see the MG logo.
Had same problem but my wife looked on line and found that holding the home key down does work but for 20 seconds. Also if you hold the home key down for 5 seconds when you’re screen is restored you get a clock and date.

All OK now. I tried all the holding the home key down but that didn't work. I disconnected the battery and that worked. I did get some error messages but they have now cleared on their own and car running fine. It seems there is some kind of glitch with the infotainment screen as that runs everything and with no screen you cant do much. All ok now so hope it was just a one off.

All OK now. I tried all the holding the home key down but that didn't work. I disconnected the battery and that worked. I did get some error messages but they have now cleared on their own and car running fine. It seems there is some kind of glitch with the infotainment screen as that runs everything and with no screen you cant do much. All ok now so hope it was just a one off.
The ZS EV Gen1 has performed the "Black Screen Of Death" 🤣 for many owners, from when the car was first released.
I varies from a brief black out of the screen and it self correcting itself, or getting the black screen and it never returning ( until rebooting the car again ).
Or getting the black screen and losing the audio from the radio or the Sat Nav !.
It can be sometimes be resolved, by holding down the centre button on the head unit, but you have to hold it down for about 30 seconds.
If this fails, sometimes it will recover by simply shutting down the car, a brief wait and then rebooting back up again.
If this fails, then remove the negative battery terminal from the 12 battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it back up.
Most ZS EV drivers carry a 10mm spanner with them ( ask me how I know ).
There was a software update released for the info unit for the ZS EV Gen1 model.
I am not sure if this has been done for the other models as of yet ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom