Insurance quandary

Silver estate

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I’ve just noticed that my current car insurance runs out on the 3rd of September , and my MG 5 is due any time from then .
My current insurer has given me a good price for my current cars insurance and only have a £39 admin fee for changes .
I’ve been on their web site and they do list my model on their drop downs .
Do I continue on with current insurer and current car for now and just change
or do I do a temporary insurance Day insure come out @£88 for 2 weeks for my kia or £61 for a week

How confident are you of that September arrival? 6 weeks of weekly insurance would cover 6 months of my policy.

Most insurance companies I deal with will do a pro-rata refund of the premium if you cancel it within a few months, usually on a diminishing curve.

This. and also ask what the premium would be with the new car, you might not want to stay with them anyway.
Yup. Time to hit the comparison sites for current and mg5 to try & find a sweet spot insurance broker/company, then research their admin "cost to change" fees.
I personally wouldn't mess with temporary insurances, just suck up the extra faff & (hopefully limited) extra cost 👍.

Well I’ve been hitting the comparison sites , all fully comp and stating car is leased and my 3points also car is kept most nights at work and 4 years no claims
Direct line 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 £615 🤬
Go com , (Churchill ) £310
Fury Rat (Hastings ) £330

I rang my insurance company a week before collection date, they changed the vehicle over but mentioned that my excess of zero would increase to £50.

I pay monthly by DD with no increase in payment from my Peugeot 308 1.6HDi, well pleased, renewal in March23.

I’ve just noticed that my current car insurance runs out on the 3rd of September , and my MG 5 is due any time from then .
My current insurer has given me a good price for my current cars insurance and only have a £39 admin fee for changes .
or do I do a temporary insurance Day insure come out @£88 for 2 weeks for my kia or £61 for a week
Hi, I had the exact same problem, the insurance on my seat ateca had to be renewed at end of July and my new zs se lr was ready to pick up on 10th August. It only cost me £23 to transfer insurance to new car, so I was quite lucky. I hope this helps with you quandary.

Also try NFU, F/C, protected N/C, loyalty bonus. Just had excellent experience after old ice car had to be written off, got good price, cover for two yr old ev which has replaced it is less than the old car. Details of it put in place and actioned on day of delivery. No hassle no extra charges.

Well renewed with current insurance company and they’ve said the will change car for free if it’s with in the 14days from when policy starts (subject to any difference in quote )
so I’m happy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom