Intelligent Octopus Problems

robertb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,
Has anyone else had an issue setting up intelligent octopus with a zappi V2 charger (Latest firmware)? The sign up stage goes fine in the Octopus app until it gets to pushing the test charge. I add the zappi charger and my MG5 LR.
It connects to my myenergi account OK (I have no schedules setup and it's set to eco+) and I can see Octopus is setup in the integrations section.
The charger is on the wifi network with no issue. The app just sits on the checking connecting screen with the little octopus spinning round and does nothing. No test charge is initiated.

I've contacted Octopus support and awaiting a response but just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.
Robert

Same problem here, Also started giving it a go yesterday. I have emailed Octopus and MyEnergi.

Same problem here, Also started giving it a go yesterday. I have emailed Octopus and MyEnergi.
I've been informed tonight that the charger integration doesn't actually kick off a test charge, it just goes through the motions of it in the app. The device icon will appear on the app when the IO tariff switch is complete. It only does a test charge using the vehicle API to ensure your charging the car you registered with and not someone else's. The vehicle API apparently tells them the GPS coordinate of where the car is when it's being charged. If it's not at your home address, it will fail.

… The vehicle API apparently tells them the GPS coordinate of where the car is when it's being charged. If it's not at your home address, it will fail.
Have a feeling that this isn’t going to work. Our MG5 doesn’t even talk to Tesla chargers. I have submitted support tickets with Myenergi and Octopus. The below is what we get;

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 31
Have a feeling that this isn’t going to work. Our MG5 doesn’t even talk to Tesla chargers. I have submitted support tickets with Myenergi and Octopus. The below is what we get;
That looks ok. I have a PFL MG5 on IOG with a zappi.

Hi all,
Has anyone else had an issue setting up intelligent octopus with a zappi V2 charger (Latest firmware)? The sign up stage goes fine in the Octopus app until it gets to pushing the test charge. I add the zappi charger and my MG5 LR.
It connects to my myenergi account OK (I have no schedules setup and it's set to eco+) and I can see Octopus is setup in the integrations section.
The charger is on the wifi network with no issue. The app just sits on the checking connecting screen with the little octopus spinning round and does nothing. No test charge is initiated.

I've contacted Octopus support and awaiting a response but just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.
Robert
My advice is ring Octopus. OR email them from your account (although this can take a week reply wise), they are really helpful. I had similar when I got the Ohme home pro. Once I had spoken to Octopus I simply deleted the Ohme app and now simply plug in anytime, even IF it starts charging I am only charged the cheap rate (if octopus have cheap energy available they send it to the charger, sometimes for only 15 minutes!) you will see the car start charging at the nominated time on its own. Car charge levels are set on the infotainment screen in the car (just touch the battery picture on home screen) I do not tell the car any times in schedule charging, just the percentage I want i:e 80% . Hope this helps you.

That's exactly what I get but don't forget, our integration is with the charger, not the car. There is no communication at all between the car and octopus. The car is irrelevant. The schedules are being sent to the charger (in our case the zappi).
I'm going to give mine a day or two to see if the app changes to show the device icon. I can see that my zappi account now shows that octopus was granted integration access to the charger so something happened when I ran through the process.

My advice is ring Octopus. OR email them from your account (although this can take a week reply wise), they are really helpful. I had similar when I got the Ohme home pro. Once I had spoken to Octopus I simply deleted the Ohme app and now simply plug in anytime, even IF it starts charging I am only charged the cheap rate (if octopus have cheap energy available they send it to the charger, sometimes for only 15 minutes!) you will see the car start charging at the nominated time on its own. Car charge levels are set on the infotainment screen in the car (just touch the battery picture on home screen) I do not tell the car any times in schedule charging, just the percentage I want i:e 80% . Hope this helps you.
Mine is a pre facelift so there's no control over charging. My integration is with the charger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom