interesting video from Dave takes it on

That was absolutely fascinating. I had never heard of the "Osborne Effect" but it totally makes sense once it's pointed out.

Some of his facts seemed to be contradictory, but I think he's basically right. I've said myself that EVs are about to do to ICE cars what digital photography did to the 35mm film camera. And they're going to do it irrespective of any environmental concerns.

It's an interesting theory that legacy car makers are overpricing their EVs to prop up sales of their ICE equivalents. I wonder if that really is the case?

It's an interesting theory that legacy car makers are overpricing their EVs to prop up sales of their ICE equivalents. I wonder if that really is the case?
It's been reported by other Youtube channels that legacy auto makers initially make a loss on EV's due to retooling production lines etc, which is why many brought out ICE, hybrid and BEV versions of the same model so that the ICE versions could fund the electrified versions. The one exception to this rule is Tesla, who initially made a loss starting the company, but very quickly started to make a profit.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom