Internet connectivity

GeoffNewport

Standard Member
Reaction score
I had heard that MG India have their MG ZS EV with Internet connectivity (i-Smart EV 2.0) If this is the case, what advantages are there with this add-on and why not deploy this to other countries?

I had heard that MG India have their MG ZS EV with Internet connectivity (i-Smart EV 2.0) If this is the case, what advantages are there with this add-on and why not deploy this to other countries?
Try the link I posted on Other MG Brochures, look at page 20, That may partly answer your question. I don't think we can have it in the UK at the moment but you guys might be able to.

Upvote 0
The internet app will not appear this generation of car, mainly due to how the app works with a server based in China (which breaches GDPR laws in UK and EU) and the cars do not have the hardware to do so. The only advantage is of the app is controling HVAC system remotely on phone.

Upvote 0
The European models have no Internet capability. Indian and Thailand models do. Therefore the Australian models are closer to the European models than other Asian models. 😉 The only other option is OVMS.
Possibly right, I'll let you guys know when we pick the vehicle up. Seems they may be reliant on Apple CarPlay and Android for connectivity, even saying on the Australian website "allowing for seamless integration with your own technology"

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom