iSmart app stopped working and says not available anymore! (UK)

SafloUK

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, my iSmart app stopped working, I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with it at the moment. Since the update (with a marked change in the interface) I got kicked out a few times (it said "token expired") and had to log back in, which went fine but since last week it just hasn't allowed me to log back in, it just says "service not available, try again later"! I deleted the app, uploaded again, but no change.
I'm in the UK.
Thanks for any tip!

Hi everyone, my iSmart app stopped working, I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with it at the moment. Since the update (with a marked change in the interface) I got kicked out a few times (it said "token expired") and had to log back in, which went fine but since last week it just hasn't allowed me to log back in, it just says "service not available, try again later"! I deleted the app, uploaded again, but no change.
I'm in the UK.
Thanks for any tip!
All working ok for me in Portsmouth area... What is your mobile coverage like in the area you are parked. This can cause issues. Also sometimes you have to wake the car up by locking and unlocking if the car has been parked for sometime.

All working ok for me in Portsmouth area... What is your mobile coverage like in the area you are parked. This can cause issues. Also sometimes you have to wake the car up by locking and unlocking if the car has been parked for sometime.
Thanks for your reply. It's parked near my house, coverage is good and the car's used every day. The problem has been going on for over a week now.

Yes. I tried to be at clear in my post as possible, but maybe not enough: I can't even select the county code to enter my mobile number, it goes straight to that error message. I had no issue for over a year.

Yes. I tried to be at clear in my post as possible, but maybe not enough: I can't even select the county code to enter my mobile number, it goes straight to that error message. I had no issue for over a year.
Try logging in via email instead of phone number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using android version and it did not work initially after update and logging back in. That was yesterday. Today it is working fine.

Just had to login again but no issues. It now shows miles instead on Km so they are improving the app lol

For some reason I cant log into Ismart.
Ive tried to change the password and still nothing.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the app to.
Can anyone help?
Mg zs ev 22 plate

For some reason I cant log into Ismart.
Ive tried to change the password and still nothing.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the app to.
Can anyone help?
Mg zs ev 22 plate
Hi this is exactly what's happening to me too! Does it give you the error message "service unavailable" too?

Are you using Android? If so, which version?
Yes, always latest update

Yes, always latest update
You wrote above that you cannot even enter the country code. That implies a fundamental error.
I can't tell what car you have. Can you see if there is a signal strength meter in the top right of the Home screen? This would show the e-sim is working.
Is the time shown by the Home screen the same as the phone's?
Do you have any anti-virus software on your phone? This might be blocking a connection.

We have an MG ZS Trophy LR 72 reg.
The time changed overnight on the car screen so I'm assuming it's all working fine there. I've been able to use all the functions on the car screen without issues. It looks purely like an app issue.
No antivirus software on my mobile, I've tried to use the app both on my WiFi and on mobile network. I i just don't understand why it stopped working after being fine for more than a year, it worked fine even after the app recent update and revamp, so for 2 months, until now, when it totally failed, out of the blue.

Have you checked the 'Permissions' which iSmart has on your phone? They should be set to 'On' except Contacts and Phone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom