iSmart app stopped working and says not available anymore! (UK)

Yes it worked on my husband's Android phone!! It's a relief to have remote access again but not perfect as I'm the one driving the MG everyday.

Hi everyone, my iSmart app stopped working, I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with it at the moment. Since the update (with a marked change in the interface) I got kicked out a few times (it said "token expired") and had to log back in, which went fine but since last week it just hasn't allowed me to log back in, it just says "service not available, try again later"! I deleted the app, uploaded again, but no change.
I'm in the UK.
Thanks for any tip!
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Since last week the app has not been working. every time I try to log in it says "service not available, try again later". I have tried many times but no change. Have you had any luck lately?

I just read that you tried another phone so I tried it on my tablet and it worked. So why does it not work on my phone. They are both android and Samsung. Wierd. Any suggestions as I would really prefer it on my phone.

I've had "service not available, try again later" for 4 days now. I've reinstalled the app, cleared cache and data, logged in with both phone number and email, and tried the app on both (Android) phone and tablet, all without success.... until today.
Today when I jumped in the car, after powering it up it announced the date, weather forecast and location. I just realised that it hasn't been telling me this for the last 4 days. Later, checking the app, that worked too.
I'm beginning to think that the app was never at fault, but the car could simply not communicate with the outside world or be contacted remotely. For some reason between yesterday and today, whatever was preventing the car to get onto the internet (which it needs to get the weather information) has gone away and all is good in the hood. I know it's been showing full mobile signal and 4G reception, but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually had internet service or was talking to MG's servers.
If the app loses contact again I'll check further, for example, by seeing if Amazon Music is working, but at the moment everything is fine.

I just read that you tried another phone so I tried it on my tablet and it worked. So why does it not work on my phone. They are both android and Samsung. Wierd. Any suggestions as I would really prefer it on my phone.
I'm sorry that you're having the same problem, but it also reassures me in a sense that it's not just my phone but something to do with compatibility between the new app update and (a few? all?) Samsung mobile phones.
I should try with my other family members' devices, they have Samsung and iphone. I didn't think about it, but true, my husband's mobile isn't a Samsung. This may explain it. Still very annoying.

Update: I could log in on another Samsung phone (S20FE, possibly not with the latest OS update). My Note 20 ultra on the latest OS update still refuses me access.

I think Samsung alter the Android operating system. I've had trouble with Samsung phones not loading some apps which will work on older Motorola phones.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom