iSmart App

Trisonics63

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Getting varying results using the iSmart app with my ZS EV Trophy Long Range. Last week I left the car charging and could monitor its progress wherever I went, today parked in the same car park and its not refreshing.

Does the use of the app only work in proximity to the car and/or does it work at a distance only if its connected to a charger?

I don't have the Connect version, so does this also make a difference?
TIA

To add to this post, I can't even connect to my second hand ZS Trophy, when I follow all the steps and scan the QR code, it just says service not available... I emailed customer services thinking it was still bound with the previous owner but they just replied saying it was not bound and to contact dealership...

Any suggestions apart from going to MG garage?

I don't have the Connect version, so does this also make a difference?
TIA
Just guessing since I can't connect to mine, communication is between the car and your phone so both need to be either connected to each other or have access to internet. My guess is that the phone needs to be close to the car if your car is not online.

Last time you could see all the info on your phone when you were away from the car? What is different this time, the car is not connected to the charger?

My understanding is that the car and phone need to be connected to the mobile phone network, since they communicate over that network. It's therefore possible that in parts of a car park you may not have a mobile signal.

Both times I was away from the car, parked in the same level as that's where the chargers are. Both times my phone was either 5G or connected to wifi. Weekend I could check the progress of the charge, where today the app kept coming up with Service Not Available. It's doing it again now, car is on the drive and I'm at the rear of the house on wifi.

Both times I was away from the car, parked in the same level as that's where the chargers are. Both times my phone was either 5G or connected to wifi. Weekend I could check the progress of the charge, where today the app kept coming up with Service Not Available. It's doing it again now, car is on the drive and I'm at the rear of the house on wifi.
No idea but I heard it's a bit temperamental... Hope someone with a bit more experience replies..

This is what I keep getting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-151450.png
    Screenshot_20240418-151450.png
    601.8 KB · Views: 24
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom