KERS button not working

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
Have the car for over 1 year and was sure I could change the kers regenaration by pusing or pulling the kers button, I have all the lastest updates done to the car in Feb this year. When I switch the car on it defaults to REN 3, push the button it goes from 3 to 2, push again 2 to 1, but thats it if I pulling the button it still stays on 1, the only was to change the ren is by switchs off and on again.
My question is this the new setting with the latest updates or has my MG devoloped a fault?

Andrew

Have the car for over 1 year and was sure I could change the kers regenaration by pusing or pulling the kers button, I have all the lastest updates done to the car in Feb this year. When I switch the car on it defaults to REN 3, push the button it goes from 3 to 2, push again 2 to 1, but thats it if I pulling the button it still stays on 1, the only was to change the ren is by switchs off and on again.
My question is this the new setting with the latest updates or has my MG devoloped a fault?

Andrew
Must be a fault, get it in to them as I haven’t heard of this issue before.

Whats the state of charge of the HV battery? My MG5 won't increase the KERS mode if the SoC is close to 100%, will put a message on screen saying mode not available or something. If your battery is below 90% and it won't let you go up the levels then it could be a fault.

SOC of battey is one bar from being fully charged, going on a 60 trip tomorrow so will test when battery is lower.

The state of charge shouldn't affect what kers mode you select. Even with the battery full, if you go down and then back up to kers 3, it'll flash the regen limited warning, but it will still change kers mode.

Sounds like it's a problem with the switch. Might be time for a trip to the garage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom