• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Latest info on the up coming production version of the e-motion sports car.

There are plenty of videos published from the autoshow reveal.

And this video reveals a bit more (I hate videos with auto dictation!)

Looks very nice, and £30k would be an amazing price for over 250 miles range.
The red is gorgeous.
I hope it has 100kw charging.
I can see those doors being a bit of a problem in car parks and single garages!

I like the sound of that...mind you I'm no stranger to odd looking doors, but mine only take up 14 inches of space......not 3 foot! But I still like it and its definitely on my bucket list.
IMG_1588.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
Been looking at the e-motion and thinking our MG designers may have lost something in translation. I think it would have been better with the old flame hexagonal logo and an element of the old MG sharpeness.
As for the butterfly wing doors it makes it absolutely non useable in UK and Europe in terms of city parking etc. You will need 3 parking spaces to use that car.
Really not for me.
Looks like they were racing with Ford who have their big e Mustang coming soon.

Not a problem on a DeLorean.....But definitely is on the MG.....I think it would be a serious problem in the UK.

Not a problem on a DeLorean.....But definitely is on the MG.....I think it would be a serious problem in the UK.
Why? If they don't open wider - which they don't appear to.
I'm not saying that I like that style of opening door, because I don't, but if they've done it for any practical reason, it seems to be to make the door open narrower. Although it still looks wide. It's a long door!
Maybe it won't make it from prototype to production.

1.png

Last edited:
@ Chrispydoc,
Well, I think they do open wider and my understanding is that one can not enter the car without them being fully open. As you know the current standard horizontal door are usually 3 or 2 step doors and in most UK city car parks you can never fully open your door to step 3 without leaving a dent in the neighbouring vehicle.
Most of the time I open up to step two and wiggle out of the car.
I have suffered several car door dents in the past and that is one of the reason I went for an EV because here up north several areas of wider EV only parking with free charging still exit although I must say they are disappearing very fast to be replaced by small space charging units which are paying.
Still if you know where to look in most cities here up north you can find a few free well scaped, free charging units both on the streets and some particular shops. Tesco / pod-point deserve a mention here.

I suppose we can judge better when we actually see a production one. They do look very nice though.

I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm having to drive about in a car type I don't even like much as there's simply no EV coupe's at all, (excluding ludicrously priced supercars!).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom