Looking to change eSIM provider

Airbag888

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi guys,
I'm from Mauritius and it seems that the eSIM on board the MG4 has no coverage here. I wanted to change to another global provider. Wondering if anyone had success in doing so either through some official method or with an unofficial firmware or through the OBD2 port.
Thanks!

Hello, did you manage to get a solution? I’m in Mauritius too with the same challenge. Thanks
Unfortunately no. It's up to SAIC to allow an update to the built in eSIM to enable comms between the car and their servers + updating the app to allow creating of an account in Mauritius

But does the app work only on eSIM? Couldn’t it work with wifi still? Also did you manage to get to the menu for eSIM? I couldn’t locate it in the infotainment system…

But does the app work only on eSIM? Couldn’t it work with wifi still? Also did you manage to get to the menu for eSIM? I couldn’t locate it in the infotainment system…
Did not find the menu. I'm in telco so I understand what's behind the scenes. The eSIM seems to be from KPN and they got agreements to open the access in specific countries only. It's not an eSIM as you find on a phone :)
It will not work on Wifi because likely the car needs to communicate over a secure channel to SAIC's servers
Even if it worked on Wifi, the app is not accepting Mauritius registrations. So we're stuck right now with 95% of the car's features.

It sucks for me cause I wanted to be able to pre-cool the car everytime

Thank you so much. I’m in IT also and really wanted to have that app working. 😞 Well, do keep me posted should you be able to find something…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom