lovely new electric Skoda

It looks like it could be a good car. It’s still - in it’s lowest spec (I doubt if there will be much discount - early on anyway) £10k more than the discounted ZS exclusive. Getting a new small suv size fully electric car with 7 Years warranty in top spec for under £21k is tough to beat. the Skoda does have nearly a 60kw battery which is a nice size. The MG‘s main usp at the moment is its price - and it happens to be quite a nice car too! Great scrabble score btw - Enyaq.

Agreed if I had the money....things would be so different, but hey I love my little MG and I still agree what a great car we have all bought for the price. The EV experience with the MG has made my mind up that i’ll never go back to an ICE car and if MG continues to develop and grow who knows what they will be able to produce in the future, remember how KIA and others started. It’s still a lot of car for the money, with a few little problems, but in the main I’m really pleased with what I’ve got.

The tesla supercharger network is a massive advantage - that’s if you need it regularly of course. If your requirements mean you can home charge and don’t need to travel beyond the range of your car regularly, then it’s not so much of a selling point.

It would be a straight forward choice between the Tesla model Y and the Skoda...maybe in 5 yrs time

It would be a straight forward choice between the Tesla model Y and the Skoda...maybe in 5 yrs time
I think the car market will have moved on quite a bit in 5 Years time 🙂. MG might be the car to have.

The tesla supercharger network is a massive advantage - that’s if you need it regularly of course. If your requirements mean you can home charge and don’t need to travel beyond the range of your car regularly, then it’s not so much of a selling point.
There is talk that Tesla are looking to open up their network to other EV owners; Tesla or not...watch this space.

There is talk that Tesla are looking to open up their network to other EV owners; Tesla or not...watch this space.
I would be very surprised if that happened. it would be nice, but they’d have to deal with many irate Tesla owners who lose the exclusivity and access time. Plus Tesla lose one of their major usp’s. where have you heard this from?

I would be very surprised if that happened. it would be nice, but they’d have to deal with many irate Tesla owners who lose the exclusivity and access time. Plus Tesla lose one of their major usp’s. where have you heard this from?
In some EV news pod cast, I’ll see if I can find it and post.

I think the Skoda looks a lovely car and with great range.....Let's see how things 'pans out' later in the year.

A very limited amount of tesla chargers are available to all...I seem to remember they are white ?

A very limited amount of tesla chargers are available to all...I seem to remember they are white ?
I’ve never seen any - are they in the uk? So the red and white superchargers are not opened up - there are specific white chargers for non-Tesla cars?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom