• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

LR - real world range

Current only long run has been 184 miles range on motorway speeds at 2C then with a bad traffic jam, heating at 22C, returning in the dark, loaded etc

Almost worst possible conditions.

Long term average is 3.0 miles per kw so 171 miles but mostly short runs with heater blasting, demister on, wipers & lights.

Not bad really!

If your getting than when cold and on motorways that bodes well for summer and mixed road driving.

Is it in eco mode and kers 3 mostly?
Eco mode, KERS 1. I keep it around 65mph, don't really go over. It's 80% motorway and the rest is A road.

Basildon > Norwich > Basildon

189 miles, 2-6 degrees, average speed of 44mph. Heating on set to 22. Eco/KERs 2

5% - 10 Miles remaining.

Basildon > Norwich > Basildon

189 miles, 2-6 degrees, average speed of 44mph. Heating on set to 22. Eco/KERs 2

5% - 10 Miles remaining.
Can I ask, did you have the original ZS EV before the face lift ?.
If so, do you find the cabin heater as hot as the original model ?.
Some have said that they find the heater in the facelift model to be less effective in cold weather conditions.
Of this is in NORMAL mode as we know that in ECO mode the power to the heater is automatically reduced in its heat strength.
Thanks !.

Can I ask, did you have the original ZS EV before the face lift ?.
If so, do you find the cabin heater as hot as the original model ?.
Some have said that they find the heater in the facelift model to be less effective in cold weather conditions.
Of this is in NORMAL mode as we know that in ECO mode the power to the heater is automatically reduced in its heat strength.
Thanks !.
No, this is my first EV. Also this is the MG5 section so my figures are for the MG5 LR.

only real world distance test for the 5LR I have is a camping trip to Dumfries.
Boot and 2 back seats filled to the roof, 2 adults and a teenager, and a roofbox on the top. mostly M6 at 60MPHish (on ACC). temp around 10-15c, and dry.

170 mile trip with a realistic 30 miles left on the GOM.

Trip back was ever so slightly damper (including wading up to the numberplate where Loch Ken had flooded the road...) so the battery was draining slightly quicker. Probably could have made it in one go, but we stopped for some grub at a services so stuck it on a rapid whilst we were there. No point risking it for a couple of quid.

Good video here of the LR but if it's colder and you're doing lots of motorway miles then about 160...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom