emmadragon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
In case it might be useful to anyone, Sainsburys at Fosse Park Leicester has just opened their new ultra rapid smart chargers up. 18 bays, no shelter (@Rolfe ), but you are at a giant sainsburys with a pretty good cafe, toilets and so on. Price is clearly displayed on driving in, and it’s just contactless payment, no RFID required.
Edited to correct my description of the chargers.
D9D4516D-06FC-4C32-B49A-78ECB15C9687.jpeg

Last edited:
In case it might be useful to anyone, Sainsburys at Fosse Park Leicester has just opened their new superchargers up. 18 bays, no shelter (@Rolfe ), but you are at a giant sainsburys with a pretty good cafe, toilets and so on. Price is clearly displayed on driving in, and it’s just contactless payment, no RFID required.View attachment 24950
Just being pedantic but they are Sainsbury's chargers, which are a welcome addition to the scene but they are not Superchargers. Superchargers are Tesla. :)

Pity they don’t have an app to find them and their website sucks but they do now appear on some of the charging apps such as Electroverse and Fastned and I think zapmap.
They also appear on the Apple Maps app.
Once you start charging you can scan the QR code and see your charging in real time but that’s through the Kempower own backend app.

In case it might be useful to anyone, Sainsburys at Fosse Park Leicester has just opened their new superchargers up. 18 bays, no shelter (@Rolfe ), but you are at a giant sainsburys with a pretty good cafe, toilets and so on. Price is clearly displayed on driving in, and it’s just contactless payment, no RFID required.View attachment 24950
Is it 18 or 16?

The integration with the Octoverse app isn’t perfect yet and only shows 8 chargers (and you can’t filter them out amongst others and you can’t use them with the Octoverse app)

Definitely 18, in banks of 4, 6, 4 and 4. I stood there and counted them physically because my brain wasn’t working properly. Well, 18 bays, at least. 1 physical charge point thingy with 2 leads on for each 2 bays. Please bear in mind, I’ve got pneumonia right now, so not firing on all electrons at the moment. I can wander over and have another look next time I’m in the vicinity, but that probably won’t be for a while.

Definitely 18, in banks of 4, 6, 4 and 4. I stood there and counted them physically because my brain wasn’t working properly. Well, 18 bays, at least. 1 physical charge point thingy with 2 leads on for each 2 bays. Please bear in mind, I’ve got pneumonia right now, so not firing on all electrons at the moment. I can wander over and have another look next time I’m in the vicinity, but that probably won’t be for a while.
No worries thank you. I am using the beta version of the Octoverse app so I’ll just let them know they got it wrong 😅

Pedant 🙄 Ultra-rapid smart chargers, then. That’s kind of not the point of my post, no? I was trying to be helpful.
And you were indeed being helpful, thank you.
I was also trying to be helpful in a light hearted way by pointing out that it is sometimes useful to use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. For example far too many people, (not yourself) refer to rapid and ultra-rapid chargers as fast chargers which is misleading. :)

And you were indeed being helpful, thank you.
I was also trying to be helpful in a light hearted way by pointing out that it is sometimes useful to use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. For example far too many people, (not yourself) refer to rapid and ultra-rapid chargers as fast chargers which is misleading. :)
And don't get me started on kW and kWh! :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom