M4 speed limits in Wales

gus

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was driving back from Wales and around Port Talbot and Cardiff they have reduced speed limits to 50 from 70 with signs saying they have cut the speed limits to cut pollution caused by vehicles, does that mean I can ignore the lower speed limits if I am in a BEV?

Just a thought on a Friday afternoon. 😂

I've heard that joke before, but taking it seriously, the speed limit is the speed limit for whatever vehicle or reason. 😁 In a sense you'll be helping cut pollution by using less juice, depending how it's generated before it goes into your EV.

I was driving back from Wales and around Port Talbot and Cardiff they have reduced speed limits to 50 from 70 with signs saying they have cut the speed limits to cut pollution caused by vehicles, does that mean I can ignore the lower speed limits if I am in a BEV?

Just a thought on a Friday afternoon. 😂
We have the very same thing locally to us.
A 5 miles section of dual carriageway that was a full 70 Mph speed limit, was reduced to 50 Mph and is policed by speed cameras at each end.
Just after you enter the restriction, it opens right out to a third lane.
As soon as anybody following spots that third lane, bang its foot down.
It's like catching fish in a bucket !.
I have asked the same question many times over the years.
"Can I be charged with speeding in an electric car, as the huge sign states that, the reduced speed limit has been put into force to lower emissions".
The question is always followed by a bit of head scratching, then answered with "That's a good question".
We have two police officers in the family and I asked them the same question.
Instant answer I received was almost the same :- "I could not give toss what your driving, if your speeding, your nicked".
No grey area there then 😭.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom