Marvel R phone holder // and MG iSmart (?)

Nikk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hi! I've received my Marvel R three weeks ago. And some questions appears, please help)

Does anybody found suitable phone holder for Marvel R? Not for windshield or rear mirrow? I found only general options to glue to the surface, but are there any options to use air ventilation grille (its quite deep, so standard holder not fit)

Second question is about iSmart. Do you know what means "start time" in the "scheduled battery heating*? Is it start of the heating of battery or it is time of starting the trip? 🙄

And experience of using under -20*C - avarage consumption is around 30 kWt/100 km, on 80% battey car showing 180km to drive - not bad)

I wouldn't personally use any phone holder, you risk blocking the automatically controlled air vents flaps. Why would you want your phone there anyway, just plug it in to charge in the tray underneath the infotainment console, that way you also have Android auto or apple carplay if needed. I keep it in the wireless charging slot and have it Bluetooth connected to the car so I can make calls.

Start time for battery heating I think it means the start of the heating, as it mentions on that page that ideally you should start battery heating 1 hour before your journey. If you have a schedule starting work at the same time every day like myself, then you're in luck and you only have to set it once.

Regarding the consumption, fu**ing Chinese cars lie, for the Marvel 30 is the maximum consumption it will show, it could be higher, but you'll never know. Take the numbers with a pinch of salt, but Marvel it is usually accurate enough estimating the range. It will of course depend on your driving style and road conditions.
On a 400km drive, one charging stop, all autobahn at 120km/h in -10 deg C and windy I comfortably did 250km and arrived at charger with around 15% and also preheated the battery 1 hour before arriving to charge. Got about 80-85kW until 50%, so good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't personally use any phone holder, you risk blocking the automatically controlled air vents flaps. Why would you want your phone there anyway, just plug it in to charge in the tray underneath the infotainment console, that way you also have Android auto or apple carplay if needed. I keep it in the wireless charging slot and have it Bluetooth connected to the car so I can make calls.

Start time for battery heating I think it means the start of the heating, as it mentions on that page that ideally you should start battery heating 1 hour before your journey. If you have a schedule starting work at the same time every day like myself, then you're in luck and you only have to set it once.

Regarding the consumption, fu**ing Chinese cars lie, for the Marvel 30 is the maximum consumption it will show, it could be higher, but you'll never know. Take the numbers with a pinch of salt, but Marvel it is usually accurate enough estimating the range. It will of course depend on your driving style and road conditions.
On a 400km drive, one charging stop, all autobahn at 120km/h in -10 deg C and windy I comfortably did 250km and arrived at charger with around 15% and also preheated the battery 1 hour before arriving to charge. Got about 80-85kW until 50%, so good enough for me.
My marvel shows over 30 consumption.

I am on the latest (as far as I know) R24 and I never seen more than 30kWh consumption displayed, and this is also reported by many other marvelists on this and other forums.

Oki, I was on R24 but was downgraded by dealership to R23 after having trouble not getting the QR code or NAV to work,,, had taken car in several times but they didn't find out how to fix it,,, I found out here on this forum and did the hidden press five times trick 😄

I will have a look. The car was on update with the dealer in November.
Do you have any software updates done by dealer? Mine only shows 30 max never more on the both average consumption trip meter

I am on the latest (as far as I know) R24 and I never seen more than 30kWh consumption displayed, and this is also reported by many other marvelists on this and other forums.
Heres some pictures. And yes consumption goes also over 40 too. Don't know the limit yet.

Attachments

• 20240125_122333.jpg
    20240125_122333.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240125_122409.jpg
    20240125_122409.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 43
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel