• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Masters Croydon - this dealership is permanently closed.

Wanted to arrange low mileage servicing for my MG EV. Called in and have rung several times, but not received anything yet. Disappointing as this dealer is much nearer than our alternative.

I've got a quote from them as follows for an MG5:-

2 year - £161.18
3 year - £246.98
4 year - £367.96
5 year - £630.22

When I try and replicate this deal on the MG website I can only get the 15K Service schedule even when I put the annual mileage as low as 6000 miles per year. I am currently awaiting a call back from them after I left a message at 10:20 this morning.

Booked my ZS EV in for a software update. It ended up being a repair too, as my car ceased working on the weekend prior to the booked update. Both the repair & update where completed as promised, thanks to Becky for dealing with my constant queries. 👍 A good start to hopefully a long relationship with this dealership.

I’m a disappointed with Masters Croydon. Having sent a detailed email explaining a BMS issue I’m having which halved my range on a recent trip, asking for their assistance, no reply. Never get an answer when calling the service department. Always goes to voicemail.

I’m a disappointed with Masters Croydon. Having sent a detailed email explaining a BMS issue I’m having which halved my range on a recent trip, asking for their assistance, no reply. Never get an answer when calling the service department. Always goes to voicemail.
Maybe we can forward this to them now it is being highlighted on a public forum...

First service this week on my low mileage MG5. Took it in about 9:00 in the morning, got an MGHS PHEV courtesy car for which I paid £10 to reduce the insurance liability. They said they would call when my car was ready. As seems to always be the case I called them at 5:00 to be told the car wasn't ready and they would extend my courtesy car for another day. The excuse was some waffle about the software update which I didn't believe and neither did the man on the other end of the phone. Phone call about 10:00 the next morning to say the car was ready. They tried to charge me for the service; I pointed out I had a service plan so the total bill was £10. The service was less than £40 on the invoice.
Points to note.
A £40 service should take less than an hour.
They cleaned the car inside and out which was worth £20 in anyone's money.
The HS was not my cup of tea. The brakes were unresponsive and there were so many warning messages and I didn't find how to turn them off. I have been driving for 56 years and have never needed to know that the road leans to the right before.
When I picked up my car the first time I applied the brakes it stopped immediately.
No Teddy Bear. I have to phone up in January and pick one up at the dealer.
Out of 5, I'll give them 3 as the car did look clean, inside and out.

Bought my last car from them ( I dealt with Matt ). Mitsubushi outlander PHEV.

Just ordered a new Trophy. From them great trade in price for my old car. Roll on March😁😁😁

My first experience of Masters was very good. First service £127. Registered in March 2021; purchased it in October 2021 from a non-MG dealer with 1,500 miles on the clock. I had a couple of queries which they happily looked into, as well as updating the Infotainment screen (which was down as an MG recall job) . All completed while-u-wait. Drop-off and collection was fine and they cleaned the car. I was left with the feeling that nothing was too much trouble. Interestingly, MG have me down as having the new BMS (but I still charge at 455v) and the update that allows unlocked charging, though I have neither - the original dealer must have entered the wrong information on the system. However the old BMS isn't the dodgy one (I charge up to 175 miles in warmer weather and 165mile in colder) so let sleeping dogs lie.

Masters are no longer going to be an MG dealer from the end of April 2022 - Our MG ZS EV LR order with them has now been transferred to Glyn Hopkins in East London

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom