MG (AA) road side assist in France.

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

I spend a lot of time in France visiting from the UK.

I am curious if people have had to call MG (AA) road side assist while there and what their experience was like.

Thanks

Hey

I spend a lot of time in France visiting from the UK.

I am curious if people have had to call MG (AA) road side assist while there and what their experience was like.

Thanks
As far as I know MG's AA assist is only valid in the UK it doesn't cover European travel.

As far as I know MG's AA assist is only valid in the UK it doesn't cover European travel.
Sadly I think you are right. Shame as the car is sold all over EU as well.

QUOTE:
This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover)

Is through MG or the AA direct?
You can buy separate European breakdown cover from the AA, RAC, Green Flag as well as others and through the usual comparison sites for a single trip or multiple trips spread over the year. There might be a limit of how long you can be abroad at a time.

You also need to check your insurance. My brother has a gite in Brittany and thought his insurance gave him the same cover as in the UK until he checked the small print. It only gave him basic third party cover outside the UK but for a few pounds extra he was fully covered.

You can buy separate European breakdown cover from the AA, RAC, Green Flag as well as others and through the usual comparison sites for a single trip or multiple trips spread over the year. There might be a limit of how long you can be abroad at a time.

You also need to check your insurance. My brother has a gite in Brittany and thought his insurance gave him the same cover as in the UK until he checked the small print. It only gave him basic third party cover outside the UK but for a few pounds extra he was fully covered.
Thanks for the info. I have confirmed the insurance and I am covered :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom