MG Australia - Great Opportunity Missed!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just been watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia on the TV and noticed a great opportunity missed by MG Australia to promote EVs. MG there is one of the sponsors and supply the vehicles which transport the contestants around and all the cars, except Lord Sugars roller obviously, are MGs!

I think the cars they are using are the MG HS but as they are ICE vehicles, I feel that this is a missed opportunity to promote their EVs, especially as Australia is a growing market for MG and for EVs in general. The MG ZS EV is a very popular car there and a good seller but perhaps this was considered too small?

Perhaps they didn't want to upset the Government?
They are very anti-EV as I understand it.

Perhaps they didn't want to upset the Government?
They are very anti-EV as I understand it.
I don’t think it matters at all that it might piss off the Government but I would think that highly unlikely. There are many EV dealers , especially on the East Coast and as I said, the ZS EV is very popular over there and is even the most popular EV version of an ICE model! EVs of all makes are becoming far more common. The charging network is growing all the time and EVs in general are becoming more popular, despite no help from a fossil fuel obsessed Prime Minister and government In general.

Last edited:
I don’t think it matters at all that it might piss off the Government but I would think that highly unlikely. There are many EV dealers , especially on the East Coast and as I said, the ZS EV is very popular over there and is even the most popular EV version of an ICE model! EVs of all makes are becoming far more common. The charging network is growing all the time and EVs in general are becoming more popular, despite no help from a fossil fuel obsessed Prime Minister and government In general.
The ZS EV is certainly the most popular EV in Australia, behind the Tesla Model 3 (by a fair margin) and MG are promoting it quite well having recently announced a program of providing free chargers to hotels and motels in regional areas. But they are doing really well with their ICE models - MG3, HS and ZST are going gangbusters - so it's their main focus. I think the arrival of the long range ZS EV next year will probably be given quite a push and may even make the reality shows.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom