mg ehs radio module initialising

ctamir

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
hi all
i got new mg ehs and the radio work good for two weeks.
after 2 weeks i got on radio message: radio module initialising , and the radio not working.
i go to garage and they try to make reset deafult and unplug the power for the multimedia,
but its the same/

anyone know what should i do?

i also have the same issue. Through the hidden menu you can update the DAB firmware but we need the update file ...

I have an appointment with my dealer to fix that. Your dealer should do it. if not, change it.

It seems to be a known issue , the dealer will replace the module.in question , as a note it's been show updating the dab via the menu can cause the module to brick as it seems to wipe off the software before looking for the file. A few on another forum have become a cropper on this , also worth noting it logs that the menu has been accessed in the watchdog side menu and stays there for about 20 -30 restarts , personally I'd go straight to the dealer and bet them to sort and ask them to check al software is up to date as well :)

Had that problem. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the radio module.

Attachments

• 98A2BF03-7A75-421B-8313-D8C62129529E.jpeg
    98A2BF03-7A75-421B-8313-D8C62129529E.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 1,296
Had this issue, came back on after 15 mins, dealer has installed software”fix” which has been issued this week by mg…. We shall see….

I experienced this when driving through Germany. The DAB got stuck on one channel for a bit then the module did not initialse. Took it the dealer once back. Only needed 10 mins to solve it. I did miss out on listening to Bavarian DAB and good oompah stuff.

Same happened to me while driving through Germany, now need to wait till I get back to UK to take it to a dealership…not happy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom