• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG EVs Podcast Tuesday 7 February 2023 @ 7:30pm UTC

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG

MG electric car news and chat featuring updates about the ZS EV, MG4 and MGC Cyberster.

In this podcast, we’re discussing all MG electric car news and taking your questions live.
Join us at 7:30pm UTC.

If you find the MG EVs forum and this podcast useful, then please consider becoming a Premium Member for just £3+VAT per month. Details at https://www.mgevs.com/account/upgrades

I was interested to hear @Vince31 talk about how he is integrating V2L into his home. I really think this deserves a bigger spot in another podcast because the implications are huge. Far too many people dismissing V2L as "just for picnics" I have posted about it on the forum and did a video on it about a year ago

Starting at 36:48 in this Podcast, @Miles Roberts CG updates us on ZS EV orders.

I want to state up front that I thank you Miles for the update and really appreciate you coming on the podcast to share with us.

He says that at a meeting/conference in January, MG stated their are 12k orders in the backlog, but only 9k orders expected to be fulfilled in 2023, with MG (SAIC?) "strongly recommending" we switch to the MG4/5?

Am I interpreting what he says correctly? To me that means "you are not getting your car, we don't want to make it, turns out it was a loss leader to get people excited by the brand, here have you seen the new MG4?"

I might be being a bit harsh and possibly facetious and I do apologise for that, but with mostly silence and then updates like that, it's hard to feel warm to the company.

MG wasn't intentionally doing a bait-and-switch. Unfortunately, MG UK is just one market where there has been huge demand for the ZS EV. But of course it's also been in high demand in its other markets too, and SAIC can only build so many cars at that factory.
So the UK has been allocated 9000 ZS EV for 2023, which isn't quite enough to satisfy all of the existing orders unfortunately.
MG UK therefore is suggesting other products which they currently have better availability of, if customers want to secure a vehicle sooner.

Thank you for the reply Miles. That does make sense, and confirms the facts of what I heard. I guess they just created a product that was just slightly on the wrong side of the too-good-to-be-true. Though it has been true for many I know, i've seen plenty on the road now which is great.

I was interested to hear @Vince31 talk about how he is integrating V2L into his home. I really think this deserves a bigger spot in another podcast because the implications are huge. Far too many people dismissing V2L as "just for picnics" I have posted about it on the forum and did a video on it about a year ago

I intend to document and do a quick video on what exactly I've done regarding integrating my ZSEVs V2L capability with some of my house circuits in the event of a mains grid failure. There are a lot of things to consider and every house (and everyone's requirements) will be different.

I've been wondering the same thing about the V2L (I asked about it back in June), still waiting for my ZS yet though so have done no experiments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom