MG EXE181 concept revealed

WonkoTheSaneUK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
mg-exe181-front-quarter-tracking.jpg

mg-exe181-front-quarter-tracking.jpg
Wow, I could get to Sainsbury's in 30 seconds! Um... might struggle to park, get in and out and fit the shopping though. 🤣🤣🤣

I think this obsession with 0-60 EVs is silly. In the real world, nobody needs anything faster than say 6s and this is already hard to use without breaking speed limits and risking accidents because others don't anticipate your speed or acceleration.

Let's have more concepts for sub-£20k practical EVs where the 0-60 time we hear about is the charging speed.

Wow, I could get to Sainsbury's in 30 seconds! Um... might struggle to park, get in and out and fit the shopping though. 🤣🤣🤣

I think this obsession with 0-60 EVs is silly. In the real world, nobody needs anything faster than say 6s and this is already hard to use without breaking speed limits and risking accidents because others don't anticipate your speed or acceleration.

Let's have more concepts for sub-£20k practical EVs where the 0-60 time we hear about is the charging speed.
Apparently, this concept car is a tribute to the original MG EX-181, which Stirling Moss & Phil Hill got over 250mph from in 1957.

I agree, in fact I would go even further and say who the hell really cares about 0-60 times. I think my current 5 pre FL is the fastest accelerating car I have ever owned and I don't bother with using that power anyway.

However prototypes (and F1) can lead to developments that make their way onto ordinary cars eventually.

I agree, in fact I would go even further and say who the hell really cares about 0-60 times. I think my current 5 pre FL is the fastest accelerating car I have ever owned and I don't bother with using that power anyway.

However prototypes (and F1) can lead to developments that make their way onto ordinary cars eventually.
Let me be the first to say me, I care about 0-60 times, as really low time like the xpower provide fun, awe, surprise, exhilaration, very quick overtaking and a smile on your face.

Spoilsports. 😉🙂

Let me be the first to say me, I care about 0-60 times, as really low time like the xpower provide fun, awe, surprise, exhilaration, very quick overtaking and a smile on your face.
Totally agree. 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom