• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG i Smart

colinhea

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have a Marvel R luxury.It took be several attempts to set up i smart with my car .The dealer eventually got it working by re setting the system to factory settings .It has worked for about 6 weeks Yesterday it stopped I tried to re start it a few times with no luck I got the message your account has been locked try tomorrow or change your password which I have done 3 times and still getting the same message Does any one have any ideas

I have a Marvel R luxury.It took be several attempts to set up i smart with my car .The dealer eventually got it working by re setting the system to factory settings .It has worked for about 6 weeks Yesterday it stopped I tried to re start it a few times with no luck I got the message your account has been locked try tomorrow or change your password which I have done 3 times and still getting the same message Does any one have any ideas
Hi I knew I had seen this post of yours somewhere so found it today I don’t know if this will be of any help but,
So my wife has an MG4 different car I know but same MG ISMART systems so she has had the 4 for a couple of months and iSMART has been fine until last week when it stopped working as you described yours did above anyhow today I tried again to get it to work with no luck until I decided to reboot the infotainment screen so I pressed and held the home button for around 15-30 seconds it will shut down but keep that home button pressed and when the MG logo comes up then let go of the home button let it finish booting up, i than got out of the car lock it opened the iSMART app on my iPhone and it worked I have tried it 3/4 times since while back in the home and it as work every time maybe might work with yours hope it helps
Les

why iSMART have different functionalities in different countries. I see in some videos you can open the boot and start the heated seats. Those two things are not available at least in Spain

Hi I knew I had seen this post of yours somewhere so found it today I don’t know if this will be of any help but,
So my wife has an MG4 different car I know but same MG ISMART systems so she has had the 4 for a couple of months and iSMART has been fine until last week when it stopped working as you described yours did above anyhow today I tried again to get it to work with no luck until I decided to reboot the infotainment screen so I pressed and held the home button for around 15-30 seconds it will shut down but keep that home button pressed and when the MG logo comes up then let go of the home button let it finish booting up, i than got out of the car lock it opened the iSMART app on my iPhone and it worked I have tried it 3/4 times since while back in the home and it as work every time maybe might work with yours hope it helps
Les
Hi Les, as you seem to have some experience with ismart problems thought I would run this past you.

I have a newly delivered 23 plate MG5 SE Facelift that's refusing to let me bind my account with "Not available please try later". I am logged in OK to the ismart app but after using the displayed QR code and setting a pin pressing "Done" gives the error. Tried multiple phones Android and iPhone. Also multiple locations in case the car e-sim is struggling for connectivity.

Tried reset infotainment to factory with no success. Also checked Location accepted for the app.

Also noticed selecting the OTA update function gives a different error shown below.

Have reported to Lease company who have passed to the supplying garage but I have twitchy fingers so keep searching for answers but no definitive answers yet.

Thinking I will do a 12v battery reset tomorrow.

Any thoughts? 👴

Attachments

• 20230303_082524.jpg
    20230303_082524.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hi George well you picture above I have never seen before couple of things to try first if you read my post again it explains how to do a reset of the infotainment system it is important to keep the home button pressed in so it shuts down keep it pressed in until the MG logo starts up then let go can be up two a couple of minutes.

12 volt disconnect does the same thing in affect disconnect for a few minutes at leased but it’s cold outside.try the button first is my advice

The other thing I had an issue with was when I was first trying to do it I was putting my full phone number in so with that in the app when you input the moblie number leave out the first zero example +44 0770283—- is wrong you need +44 770283—- I got this information from Miles Roberts who is always very helpful and if none of the above helps you could trying watching the YT video miles did so this at Chorley Group are sending Miles a PM on here or go speak with you dealer direct or MG helpline.
Hope you get it sorted let us know how you get on.
Les

Hi George well you picture above I have never seen before couple of things to try first if you read my post again it explains how to do a reset of the infotainment system it is important to keep the home button pressed in so it shuts down keep it pressed in until the MG logo starts up then let go can be up two a couple of minutes.

12 volt disconnect does the same thing in affect disconnect for a few minutes at leased but it’s cold outside.try the button first is my advice

The other thing I had an issue with was when I was first trying to do it I was putting my full phone number in so with that in the app when you input the moblie number leave out the first zero example +44 0770283—- is wrong you need +44 770283—- I got this information from Miles Roberts who is always very helpful and if none of the above helps you could trying watching the YT video miles did so this at Chorley Group are sending Miles a PM on here or go speak with you dealer direct or MG helpline.
Les
Thanks Les will give the home button option a try later and if no joy follow some of your other ideas. I will post back what happens.👴

Les
Just an update. Now done System reset via settings option, also using the hold home button until MG logo appears again and a 12 volt disconnect (which was fun lighting up errors until a mile driven). Also tried the setting of the time zone manualy ( as shown on a video somewhere on here). Problem still remains, no binding. Reported to leasing company who have contacted the dealer and awaiting response.👴

Well George sorry to hear nothing worked for you so yes back to dealer for sure.
Good luck and update when sorted please.
Les
Just received an email from the famous (infamous) Gary Smart at MG. See below. I will post again if/when it's resolved but at least I have somewhere/someone to badger now. 👴
--------------------
Thank you for your patience.

It does look as though some vehicles have not been added to the App. server.

We have asked our colleagues in China for more details, but hopefully the missing cars will be added shortly.

Kind regards

Well George sorry to hear nothing worked for you so yes back to dealer for sure.
Good luck and update when sorted please.
Les
Final report to you. MG emailed this morning asking me to try and bind car to my ismart account. I am very pleased to say it worked and I have a fully functioning app. 👴

I have a 23 plate MG5 LR purchased on 31st March so it's since the fix you report above , and straight away I have this problem where I scan the QR code and submit my 4-digit pin (and again in the second box) but I just get the caption "This service is not available, please try again later".

I tried resetting the infotainment system (hold the "home" button down for 10 sec) and I also tried the date thing where I unset the "auto date" option. I power cycled my (Android) Sony XA2 phone.

I tried sending an email to MG UK, I tried the online help at my local dealer and I tried phoning the local dealer (Perry's MG Huddersfield) but they just say "someone will contact you" which they don't. They already have my money... maybe they lost interest in me already.

Any idea what to do next?

Attachments

• BindingError2023-04-01 16.02.42.png
    BindingError2023-04-01 16.02.42.png
    374 KB · Views: 98
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom