DragonKing

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Improvements of infotainment I would like to see (items listed first have priority, like next update 😊, others later):

•Driver 1 and Driver 2 profile with settings that are saved like Driving mode, seats, mirrors, heat and fan settings for each individual profile and remember so you get same settings/mode next time when you power on the car, there can also be standard profile witch works like orginal and resets in normal mode like it does now

•4wd stays on always in winter mode not go off below 20% battery remaining!!,, it can stay unchanged in normal and eco mode and do battery life extension by turning off 4wd in these modes

•Get downloadable updates on website Both GPS and infotainment updates so user can put on USB stick,,, (no need to go always to dealer)

•Car lights: toggle switch to make rear park lights turn on with front driving lights (it is mandatory to have daytime running lights both front and rear here in Iceland), now I always have to remember to turn on the rear park lights in the bright day and for sure forget to turn them off when I leave the car

•After running heat/ac from phone app get same setting as when car was turned off when back in the car and have pressed power button and maybe get more control in app with temperature

•Get scheduled heat/ac (time based) in app and toggle switch to choose if lights turns also on

•Door handle also goes in when toggle auto door lock off

•When driver assistance monitors/sensors are unavailable (in snow condition or other weather) and acc cruise goes off, then the steering stem goes automaticly to regular cruise control

•Option to show Left instrument cluster display on the big screen also

•Show more then 30kwh ave consumption

•Show charging rate in kW on instument cluster and big screen when plugged to charger

•Option to record on Usb stick from the 360° cameras (as dashcams)

•Toggle switch for Sentry mode (like Tesla)

Do you have more suggestions which improvements you would like for your Marvel R?,, this could be a place for a list that MG Marvel R owners could offer to the software development team.

Nothing will happen if owners don't press on MG to do these kind of software upgrades/improvements to a otherwise great car.

Show in screen when car doesn't accpect CSS(fast chagring ) and why so owners knows what is going on.

Improvements of infotainment I would like to see (items listed first have priority, like next update 😊, others later):

•Driver 1 and Driver 2 profile with settings that are saved like Driving mode, seats, mirrors, heat and fan settings for each individual profile and remember so you get same settings/mode next time when you power on the car, there can also be standard profile witch works like orginal and resets in normal mode like it does now

•4wd stays on always in winter mode not go off below 20% battery remaining!!,, it can stay unchanged in normal and eco mode and do battery life extension by turning off 4wd in these modes

•Get downloadable updates on website Both GPS and infotainment updates so user can put on USB stick,,, (no need to go always to dealer)

•Car lights: toggle switch to make rear park lights turn on with front driving lights (it is mandatory to have daytime running lights both front and rear here in Iceland), now I always have to remember to turn on the rear park lights in the bright day and for sure forget to turn them off when I leave the car

•After running heat/ac from phone app get same setting as when car was turned off when back in the car and have pressed power button and maybe get more control in app with temperature

•Get scheduled heat/ac (time based) in app and toggle switch to choose if lights turns also on

•When driver assistance monitors/sensors are unavailable (in snow condition or other weather) and acc cruise goes off, then the steering stem goes automaticly to regular cruise control

•Show charging rate in kW on instument cluster and big screen when plugged to charger

Do you have more suggestions which improvements you would like for your Marvel R?,, this could be a place for a list that MG Marvel R owners could offer to the software development team.

Nothing will happen if owners don't press on MG to do these kind of software upgrades/improvements to a otherwise great car.
I wander does dev even read mg community msg ?

Yeah there should be alot of updates in apps cuz of lag and not having good features that could be added . And fixing the mg pilot making it more good . Like how tesla did

and ....
+Add "Close and Lock" button besides "close" in bagage door
+Possible to choose permanent off on "lane keepeing assitant" thus its not possible for NCAP score, but it should be personalized in userprofile anyway if wanted...(override agreement)
+Not to have drive mode in "P" for closing bagagedoor
+Better FM Radio/DAB antenna or something. Its not working!
+Use entire screen in Android/carplay mode and more
+Steering heated
+quicker response i touch display
+better thicker heated wipes (its not working good in nordic countries)
+better app! look to Volvo or Tesla for ideas
+AWD should working in reverse!! most important when snow and mud are present
+Better translation on warnings and info in system (use an native speaking person, not google translate)
+Improve lights! in dark sweden in winter is totaly crappy light.My full lights is equal to half lights in Volvo C40 for instance.
+make lights adaptive, follow corners, have full lights on even if you catch up a car
+fix auto lightning. its jumping on/off in bad times ex when meeting cars and so

Well, i surely come up with more. Have driven 20.000km now on my Marvel R performance in Sweden.

Last edited:
I wander does dev even read mg community msg ?
Probably not,, and we need to change that so we can get this great beautiful car to be even better with some good software upgrades

and ....
+Possible to choose permanent off on "lane keepeing assitant" thus its not possible for NCAP score, but it should be personalized in userprofile anyway if wanted...(override agreement)
+Steering heated
+Better translation on warnings and info in system (use an native speaking person, not google translate)
+Improve lights! in dark sweden in winter is totaly crappy light.My full lights is equal to half lights in Volvo C40 for instance.
+make lights adaptive, follow corners, have full lights on even if you catch up a car
+fix auto lightning. its jumping on/off in bad times ex when meeting cars and so

Well, i surely come up with more. Have driven 20.000km now on my Marvel R performance in Sweden.
Yes there are some good points you mentioned that can be or should be updated via software but you talk about more physical changes that we are not focusing on in this thread,, and some can never be corrected like AWD in reverse because of one-way bearings in front,, need completely redesign for that to happen (but I would have liked that designers didn't cut corners in the beginning and only have AWD forward 😀),, agree with the wipers,, the front lights work really well for me,, bright led and most often turn off automatic high at the correct time unless it is foggy og snowy,, yes the radio reception is shit,,like all Chinese radios,,, I had new Subaru Solterra from the dealership when they were fixing the fog lights og trying to update infotainment to R24 which they failed after downgrading it to R23 last time I was there,,, and the Solterra had radio that was crisp and clear all the way to the countryside,,, and has full AWD forward and reverse,, I'm tempted to change car but the Solterra is not as beautiful as the Marvel R.

Probably not,, and we need to change that so we can get this great beautiful car to be even better with some good software upgrades
Yeap

and ....
+Steering heated

Possbile change are good not physical ones updates that change with updates like seat heating, app bugs adding security clip. Mg pilot ai updates to make it calculate others cars well. Fixing mg auto drive. And more settings that can trun on and off

I have seen some mods users name in here does they help?

Show more then 30kwh ave consumption

I have had my Performance for soon two years I've also have R23 in my car for one year, but after I got the Tesla fix and some other minor things still on R23 I also got max 30kwh ave consumption.

Before I could have 59,9 consumption sometimes

and ....
+Steering heated

Have you nocited you can open the door while it is locked while driving ! Just try to open 2 time. It is so risk having a child in back and some kids like to use that door open handle. I was testing and nocited en any speed u try to open door it will get open

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom