Mg ismart android not working

CYmgmar

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
MG ISMART ANDROID APP not working. My app worked for a year and now will not work. It keeps on wanting me to log in and when i do it says that i need to add 8 to 16 digits . I have always used the same log in details and did not have any problems before

Mines just done that to me for the last two weeks.
I was absolutely convinced the app was at fault.
To cut a long story short it was my fault.
Most of my passwords end in !

I kept persisting with the same password.

After literally 100s of attempts, It suddenly struck me to leave off the !

It logged me straight in.

MG ISMART ANDROID APP not working. My app worked for a year and now will not work. It keeps on wanting me to log in and when i do it says that i need to add 8 to 16 digits . I have always used the same log in details and did not have any problems before
I would just register and/or do a password reset.

I log in with my details. Will not accept them. I uninstall the app and reinstalled making sure its the latest version. I tried "forgot password" to enter new password and again the app does not let me "confirm". I tried registering again with no success either.
What's wrong with the app and who can help? It was working fine for a whole year

Also when I put new password it says please enter 8-16 of letters and digits. I keep on doing that

Not able to log in for 2 months now. Waiting for someone to sort it out. It wants me to enter a telephone number but will not accept mine

My iSmart stopped functioning, could not get it to function, so decided to uninstall/reinstall. However doing so, required binding as per app, however iSmart/MG maintained already bound. Cut long story short, spoke with a dealer, apparently they'd been a s/w update which hadn't gone to plan. Told to email MG, [email protected] and request an unbinding. Did so, reply saying, unbound, received in about 3-4 days. Reinstalled app, bound, all seems to be working fine

Got my ZS EV in sept 23 loaded app all ok. Went away on cruise at xmas and on my return app would not work. Local dealer checked computer system out and found no problem. Contacted MG and got a prompt reply from a Gary Smart in MG after sales but as a 76 yr old I find the info supplied beyond me. When I open app and try to log in, all it says is "the service is not available please try again later"

Got my ZS EV in sept 23 loaded app all ok. Went away on cruise at xmas and on my return app would not work. Local dealer checked computer system out and found no problem. Contacted MG and got a prompt reply from a Gary Smart in MG after sales but as a 76 yr old I find the info supplied beyond me. When I open app and try to log in, all it says is "the service is not available please try again later"

Why not drop into your dealer Monday morning about 10oc.
They will be dead, and you should find a salesman who will come out and do it for you.

I get the exact same error message and no matter what I do, I still can't fix it! Maybe I'll get in touch with Gary Smart or whoever the aftersales person is in my local area... I guess. What was the info that they sent? Are you able to share?

Hi Rosani, I emailed MG asking for my car to be "unbound" from the app. They replied the next day (today) saying I've been unbound and I can re-register. Downloaded app from Google playstore and still couldn't register or log in !!!. Still getting "the service is not available please try again later. Have come to the conclusion it's crap and leave well alone. Good luck to you

Hi Rosani, I emailed MG asking for my car to be "unbound" from the app. They replied the next day (today) saying I've been unbound and I can re-register. Downloaded app from Google playstore and still couldn't register or log in !!!. Still getting "the service is not available please try again later. Have come to the conclusion it's crap and leave well alone. Good luck to you
I would give it one last go with an entirely different email address. There's always the possibility your email is tied to underlying incomplete account information sitting on the server from previous attempts. Things can go astray like that, and I say this has someone who has been on team that has developed account management and identity systems.

UPDATE: after trying everything I could think of (and what was suggested in this forum) I finally gave up and contacted the dealership. They took my details, phoned me about 5 days later and told me it was all sorted. I didn't even have to re-install the app, I just logged on as I always had and voila it worked!
To anyone having issues, it may be worth doing the same. It's a pain having to go to the dealer but they seemed to know that this was a persistent issue and got it sorted, to their credit. I didn't even buy the car from them, as it's a lease through my employer but still they were happy to help.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom