MG iSMART app connect.

Cafeg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello,
I have a MG HS phev. The iSMART app cannot connect to my MG, There is no code to scan anywhere in the Mg settings to connect iSmart to the car.
Has anyone managed to get this going with a phev or is there another app we canuse with MG phev ?
I am in New Zealand.

The iSMART app doesn't work for the PHEV, there is no app we can use with the PHEV, not in most countries anyway. The car needs a sim card for the app to work and I think only the Thailand models have a sim card.

yes correct only in Thailand, but you wont miss it, it is still a great fast car
yes it is, I've only had mine for 4 months and I'm very happy with it. I use a wifi plug that I plug the charger into so I can turn charging off an on. I've had np with my phev. Its great. Iuse it around town on EV mode mainly and its doing 2L / 100Kms !

yes it is, I've only had mine for 4 months and I'm very happy with it. I use a wifi plug that I plug the charger into so I can turn charging off an on. I've had np with my phev. Its great. Iuse it around town on EV mode mainly and its doing 2L / 100Kms !
Please explain the wifi plug, sounds interresting

Its a 3pin wifi plug you plug into your wall socket thats controlled by your home wifi. You can schedule with it or just simply turn the power off an on to charge your car once you plug the 3pin charging cable that came with your car into it and your car. I normally just connect the charging cable into thecar once I come home then turn the wifi plug on once i'm ready to charge the car when power is cheap. We get 3 hrs of free power here from our elec provider in NZ from 9pm to midnight 7 days a week so its just made for charging cars with :)

I understand you use the charging cable that came with the car, but this way it takes a long time to charge, i have a charging station and no free power and even if i charge, what i already do, in the cheaper hours, 23:00 til 5:00 it is still expansive, at the moment it is even cheaper to charge it at the charging station at work they ask 32 eurocent per KW at home 37 eurocent in the cheap hours. and 1,97 eurocent for one liter gas....netherlands is the most expensive country to drive a car at the moment.

I understand you use the charging cable that came with the car, but this way it takes a long time to charge, i have a charging station and no free power and even if i charge, what i already do, in the cheaper hours, 23:00 til 5:00 it is still expansive, at the moment it is even cheaper to charge it at the charging station at work they ask 32 eurocent per KW at home 37 eurocent in the cheap hours. and 1,97 eurocent for one liter gas....netherlands is the most expensive country to drive a car at the moment.
Some of the shopping centres here have free charging stations while you shop.

Please explain the wifi plug, sounds interresting

I use these they are great for keeping account of the bills and really cheap

I use these they are great for keeping account of the bills and really cheap

Great solution but i have this at my home so cannot use this method

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-07-04 at 11.32.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-04 at 11.32.44.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 98
there is an app yes but you have to get a subscription but i didn't do that it is about 5 euros a month, but you have to let them instal a simcard for 150 euros first

Surely the car must have a sim or internet conection, otherwise how does the emergency callout work. Must be some way of connecting.
From what I can find on searching it needs the iSmart system for it. iSmart is on the Thai version but not on the NZ/AU version. Pity surely it wouldnt have cost them much to put iSmart on all Mg HS.

yes i agr
From what I can find on searching it needs the iSmart system for it. iSmart is on the Thai version but not on the NZ/AU version. Pity surely it wouldnt have cost them much to put iSmart on all Mg HS.
agree would be a good selling point if it was on every (E)HS...i was also dissapointed that it was not possible, but i can live with it now.

I have bind my MG4 to the MG iSmart app. But it's not even showing me battery level or the app is not communicating information with the car and app. Do anyone have a solution.

Screenshot_2023-07-22-10-48-03-998_com.saicmotor.iov.europe-edit.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-22-10-47-32-699_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-22-10-47-32-699_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 74
iSmart does that on our ZS, I manage to be the battery details by pulling the screen down from the top to refresh (iPhone).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom