Lady Susan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone having connection problems with the iSmart app ? Mine shows failed vehicle status šŸ˜³ Iā€™ve switched my phone off and on and deleted the app and logged out and re installed still says unable to locate vehicle / status. Any ideas please? It was working but since I echarged the battery on Friday itā€™s not updated the 100 % battery šŸ”‹ it was still showing the previous charge.

Working fine here, charged overnight to 80% and showing correct park location. Iā€™m on EE in Wycombe with 4 bars showing on my iPhone.

Thank you since starting the car today to clean it in the hurricane winds here on the south coast it appears to be fine now shows my battery status and vehicle location again. Was worried read some posts about cars having to go back to the workshop after software updates caused problems.

I sometimes find I have to switch the car on and off to get it to connect to the iSmart server. That's the first thing I try now rather than messing with the phone app.

Yesterday I was on a bus going back to my car and thought it might be a good idea to pre-cool it, as it was parked in the open. I thought I had it working, but all it did was tell me the car was on Gordon Terrace, which I already knew thank-you-very-much, I put it there. No idea why it did that. I requested the aircon, not find-my-car.

I have used the pre ac a few times and it worked. The only thing I hate is it turns the lights on.

As for the app if I do not use the car for 2 days it seems to loose connection until I unlock it again.

I live out in the countryside and when I park my MG4 under the carport I only have to be a foot different in position and Ismart cannot communicate with the car as obviously the car cannot connect to the network it is not the app or the phone, so just something to keep in mind it just might be the car not connecting to the mobile network

Yesterday I was on a bus going back to my car and thought it might be a good idea to pre-cool it, as it was parked in the open. I thought I had it working, but all it did was tell me the car was on Gordon Terrace, which I already knew thank-you-very-much, I put it there. No idea why it did that. I requested the aircon, not find-my-car.
Maybe the iSMART knew that the car was now completely in the shade, (and was just reminding you of that fact), therefore no pre-cooling was required?

But seriously, another annoying blipā€¦ā€¦

Mind you, at my age I will probably soon be grateful for a reminder of where I parked, followed by the query from the app ā€œshould you still be driving at all thenā€?

We picked up our mg4 last saturday, I've connected my phone and haven't any issues.
My wife has the exact same phone but it won't link to the QR code. Says there's an error everytime we try to connect it. Anyone else experienced this?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom