MG Motor Limoges - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Notes for explaining the situation ref my MG ZS EV.

Model : ZS EV Luxury

Reg no. GB-435-MD

VIN : LSJW7409XLZ169503

Distributeur : MG/Faurie Motor Centre, Avenue Louis Armand, BP 154287021 Limoges.
Tel : 05 55 38 94 00

Car purchased 30/09/2021 and registered in our name 03/12/2021.

Resumé of current problem:

On the evening of 15/02/2023 at approximately 18:00hrs I plugged the granny charger into the house socket and draped the other end of the cable over the opened charging flap. My plan was to plug it into the car at midnight to benefit from cheaper rate electricity. Unfortunately I forgot to plug it in at midnight.

On the morning of 16/02/2023 I started to reverse out of my courtyard when there was a large bang!
I stopped the car immediately, got out and found that the front grill had been torn from the bumper and two small cables had been torn from their plug fixed to the inner side of the grill. The car would no longer accept a charge.

Also the cable from the granny charger had been stretched and the outer sheathing had been pulled away.

I replaced the broken grill as best as I could to protect any electrical contacts, contacted my insurers and waited for the transporter to arrive. Because the car would no longer accept a charge and the MG distributor is over 100 kms from my home address the car had to be transported.

On 17/02/2023 my car was delivered into the hands of Faurie MG Limoges.

On the 16th march the insurance Expert inspected my car at MG Limoges.

I have asked MG Limoges several times for an update on repairs to my car with little success. On several occasions I told MG Limoges that the only damage I could see was the broken grill and the 2 small wires were pulled out of their plug.

On Friday 07/04/2023 I was contacted by my insurance agent and was given the following information:

“ I have just phoned the garage and they told me that after the soldering of the wires a ‘bug’ appeared in the system controlling the windscreen camera and is causing the brakes to malfunction. They are unable to re-configure the system and will need a “Factory Engineer” to come and sort it out. No date was given when this would happen.”

No-one from the garage has contacted me directly to explain what is happening with my car.

So as it stands I have been without my ‘new’ EV car - which I really love - for 2 months without getting any nearer, or any sign of getting any nearer to having it back.

On friday 21/04/2023 - Went to Limoges to meet with M. RAYON about my car and to pick up a courtoisie car. I was introduced to the technician who worked on my car. I also had the opportunity to actually test my car and it’s true, the car no longer has working brakes !

It’s coming up to 3 months since I’ve lost the use of my car, I am being given no date whatever for a repair of the brakes problem and the courtoisie car is a very small Opel Corsa. And I’m left with the feeling that absolutely no-one gives a flying f*** whether my car is ever repaired.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom