MG selling too many cars!

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Allegedly MG are taking orders for 300 plus cars per day in 2022 in the UK alone. And to help ease supply issues, are temporarily suspending taking new orders for ICE vehicles. That, if true, is some rate of growth. Interesting times.

That's amazing..... Deliberately limiting your sales. I wonder how much impact it will have. I still see more MG ICE round here than EV.

Seems to be the right thing to do. Taking orders for 18 months in the future is not great when you can't even guarantee those dates.

I ordered my ev last November and the sales rep told me then the dealership was not allowed to sell any new ICE cars.
He was told it was because more ICE sales would break MG's emissions quota

Yeah they are appearing to “sell” more cars than they can deliver. I wonder how many sales they will lose when patience wears out.

MG are also selling cars without establishing appropriate support and parts back up. I was in the garage this morning checking on my car which has been in for the last 3 weeks. The faulty infotainment screen was couriered to MG on the 17th Feb. Not yet returned/replaced. Is there a known issue with Trophy infotainment screens?
The other demonstrator Trophy that was delivered to the garage in mid December has a faulty charge socket and cannot be charged. Nearly 3 months on the garage still can't get the necessary replacement part.
My guess is that MG in Birmingham is overwhelmed with the volume of problems that are arising.

Is there a known issue with Trophy infotainment screens?
What is the problem with yours? Got a ZS ICE with a continuously restarting infotainment system. Booked in for them to check.

I don't have the same problem as you. My problem is that the car (ZS EV Trophy Connect) cannot be authenticated through the infotainment screen and it can't bind to the ismart app. In addition the navigation software won't work. The dealer sent my screen back to MG for reprogramming and told me he sent another screen back on the same day. The garage has been back and forward to MG with my issue since mid December.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom