MG Service plans

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey all.

I am looking at getting an MG Service plan. I had a couple of quick questions which I am struggling to get clarity on.

1 - Am I right when you buy it you are buying from one given dealer? Meaning you have to get it serviced by them every time.

2 - What happens if that dealer closes or is no longer an MG dealer?

Many thanks

Interested in this as well, and also if the price quoted online would be different to that quoted in the dealership?

Normally if you purchase a service plan directly from MG themselves, it SHOULD be accepted at any MG dealership that you would like to use.
It is that way with any warranty work required.
You may find this post interesting.
There is a phone number provided by a forum member regarding service plan enquiries.

Last edited:
Make sure you are clear if you are buying a dealer-specific plan (tied to that dealer) or an MG (any dealer) plan. The dealer specific ones are sometimes cheaper but could leave you high and dry if the dealer closes, so make sure you ask and they have a satisfactory answer, eg. the small print says that it is underwritten or will be transferred etc.

Edit: some are also valid with any dealer in the same dealer group.

Normally if you purchase a service plan directly from MG themselves, it SHOULD be accepted at any MG dealership that you would like to use.
It is that way with any warranty work required.
You may find this post interesting.
There is a phone number provided by a forum member regarding service plan enquiries.

Thank you that was an interesting article. I missed that thread during my search. :)

I think I am going for it just to lock the costs in. Everything seems to be going up these days lol

Some dealers ( not just MG ) will either offer a third part service plan or even their own dedicated service plan, that links you into that franchise / group.
If you take a three year warranty under this idea and then was to moved house etc, you could be traveling a long way in order to get your service done !.
Personally I tend to favour a “Pay on the day” type scheme myself.
If you are then unhappy with the service you received or the dealer is taken over etc, then you are free to go where you like.
A lot of people favour the service plan because you pay monthly, bit by bit in attempt to avoid a one off payment and any inflation in prices etc.
But remember, like in all cases if when the car is in for service, any additional work found that is not covered under the plan, will be
chargeable to the customer.
This is why some dealers want you to purchase a plan that ties you to that dealer.
If the plan is directly through MG the dealer is not witnessing any funds going through the till on that day !.
Unless they can find some additional work that is 🤣.
If you get my meaning !.

Some dealers ( not just MG ) will either offer a third part service plan or even their own dedicated service plan, that links you into that franchise / group.
If you take a three year warranty under this idea and then was to moved house etc, you could be traveling a long way in order to get your service done !.
Personally I tend to favour a “Pay on the day” type scheme myself.
If you are then unhappy with the service you received or the dealer is taken over etc, then you are free to go where you like.
A lot of people favour the service plan because you pay monthly, bit by bit in attempt to avoid a one off payment and any inflation in prices etc.
But remember, like in all cases if when the car is in for service, any additional work found that is not covered under the plan, will be
chargeable to the customer.
This is why some dealers want you to purchase a plan that ties you to that dealer.
If the plan is directly through MG the dealer is not witnessing any funds going through the till on that day !.
Unless they can find some additional work that is 🤣.
If you get my meaning !.

This all makes sense. We all know there are some places out there that will try to gain extra income. ;-)

What got me looking at plans was the post about people being quoted very difference rates and some were silly high.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom