MG Uk pulling out of small dealers

Jto

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
After a letter from MG and conversation with my dealer it has come to my notice the MG uk are pulling out of small dealerships for sale of new cars in favour of the larger dealerships. The small dealerships seem to keep the service side of the operation which I think is because there would not be a back up to cover the amount of cars that are out there. Most of these dealerships have been with MG as it is probably from day one and have propped up MG throughout Covid and when they didn’t have any cars to fill orders.
I feel that these smaller dealers have been treated unfairly by MG uk and I would not be buying a MG car. I did write to them on my feelings to this and as usual they have not replied to date but what is new, just like most complaints on here about the larger dealerships customer service comes low down.

This happened to my local dealer. Strange thing is, when I spoke to them about it the dealer claimed it was their idea! It's a difficult reputational issue because without knowledge of the back story, you'd think the franchise was removed because they were doing something wrong.

Mg are removing because of sale numbers a local large dealer has a target of a few hundred and my dealer did several hundred and now is over the thousand.

This is a real shame, I just checked with my independent supplying dealer as I was about to book my car in for its 1st service to find they were still authorised to service/repair MGs and had full access to software updates but are no longer allowed to sell a new car. For almost 20 years I had used my (then) local independent dealer to supply and service my Mazdas, when I moved to Norfolk I used the local multi franchise 'Mazda' dealer to service my car and found them to be uninterested and inefficient. That was the last of 5 Mazda cars I bought.

The unfortunate thing is from my experience at least was that the best thing about my local dealership was the new sales part of the business as they were very good, the servicing on the other hand was bloody awful.

The simple issue is that my local small dealer started with MG when sales were tiny & the range was limited. It can no longer show one of each model or cope with the growing sales. They also didn't have the capability to deal with all the MG issues despite being a good dealer.

If you grow, you need bigger sites.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom