MG ZS EV as donor car for electrified Porsche 928 project

Stumacher

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I recently bought this crash-damaged MG ZS EV at auction, mainly for the batteries - to be used in my electrified Porsche 928 project. A project that's almost guaranteed to annoy people in both MG and Porsche camps. But I'm enjoying getting to know the technical side of my ZS, and I may end up using a lot more items in my conversion project : DC charger system, invertor, HV A/C system, brake accumulator, cooling systems. It might even be possible to migrate some of the modern electronics together with screen-based systems and dash - Nav, DAB. So much good tech in this car the forty year old 928 never had.
Regarding the motor, I'm disinclined to use the MG's motor as it just doesn't have the required grunt, but the advantage would be it's so well integrated with the car's electronics, VCU, BCU, etc. So probably a Tesla SDU motor instead. It's going to be a long road...
If anyone is interested, here's the latest video on the inCARnation Australia YouTube channel. Cheers Stuart.

I bought a crashed MG ZS EV for my Electric Porsche project

I forgot to add. On our channel we recently reviewed the MG4 Essence 64 and I currently have a MG4 XPower press car that we're in the process of reviewing. If you haven't been in one, you should. Very good car and roller-coaster fast.
MG4 Review

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom