MG ZS EV Intelligent Speed Control not activating

fatboyfat1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Pretty sure I’m being dumb & need to RTFM- I have enabled all the MG Pilot features, however the Intelligent Speed Control doesn’t want to activate- every time I enable it, it switches itself off.

Any thoughts?

Intelligent speed control can only be enabled if the lower lever on the left side of the steering column is pushed fully away from you. Pulling the lever once towards you will turn off intelligent Speed Control and Enable Cruise Control.

Also, you have to re-enable it from the main screen every time you power the car down.

Intelligent speed control can only be enabled if the lower lever on the left side of the steering column is pushed fully away from you. Pulling the lever once towards you will turn off intelligent Speed Control and Enable Cruise Control.

Also, you have to re-enable it from the main screen every time you power the car down.
Ta. After a bit of knob twiddling I figured it out this afternoon, glad to see something wasn’t wrong with the car!

Does anyone else find the implementation of this to be ridiculous? Why is it disabled every time the car powers down? and why is it buried so deep in the menus?
Surely it should just be enabled (in standby when the stalk is pushed back) and activated by pressing the button on the end of the stalk.
I had IAS on my previous car (Ford Focus) and it worked perfectly with two buttons on the steering wheel (LIM & Set).

I have contacted MG customer service regarding this, asking if it is possible to have a shortcut on the "*" star button, to go into Intel or Manual , they say it isn't possible and said they understood my frustration! if anyone comes across a shortcut please let me know.

you would have thought it was possible to remember the last setting, I had to go out this morning and it was 30 to 50 back to 30 etc all the way, the intelligent speed control I find a bit dangerous as it sometimes picks up the side road signs, but use the manual all the time round here, zealous speed safety officers and equally zealous community speed watch.

Does anyone else find the implementation of this to be ridiculous? Why is it disabled every time the car powers down? and why is it buried so deep in the menus?
Surely it should just be enabled (in standby when the stalk is pushed back) and activated by pressing the button on the end of the stalk.
I had IAS on my previous car (Ford Focus) and it worked perfectly with two buttons on the steering wheel (LIM & Set).
Much in the same way the car defaults to Normal drive mode & the ACC doesn’t use regen- an irritation

Just taken delivery of the a new MG5 LR Trophy 2nd Edition. The Intelligent Speed Control does not work. Every time I enable it and go through the "Set" procedure using the bottom left hand knob in the forward position and pressing the end "Set" button the indicator on the info screen goes green until the camera sees a speed restriction sign. It then goes yellow and comes up with a yellow triangle and a message to contact my MG Dealer due to a fault. I have tried everything to get it working. Yes, very irritating to have to reset it every time manually. It won't stay set.

Anyone else having the same issue as my Dealer has not heard of it before. They need to put their data collector on the car to see if there is an issue / fault.

Enjoying the car mind you. Having the autopilot in full automatic is scary! Even tells you to put your hands back on the wheel.

Just taken delivery of the a new MG5 LR Trophy 2nd Edition. The Intelligent Speed Control does not work. Every time I enable it and go through the "Set" procedure using the bottom left hand knob in the forward position and pressing the end "Set" button the indicator on the info screen goes green until the camera sees a speed restriction sign. It then goes yellow and comes up with a yellow triangle and a message to contact my MG Dealer due to a fault. I have tried everything to get it working. Yes, very irritating to have to reset it every time manually. It won't stay set.

Anyone else having the same issue as my Dealer has not heard of it before. They need to put their data collector on the car to see if there is an issue / fault.

Enjoying the car mind you. Having the autopilot in full automatic is scary! Even tells you to put your hands back on the wheel.
It's scary because it doesn't work properly. It's actually dangerous.

My MG5 Facelift going to dealer on Friday this week to have the Intelligent Speed Control investigated as it fails every time. Customer Support at MG have not heard of the issue and they are going to investigate it further.

This fault has now been escallated to MG via their system. Interesting the Demo MG5 that I had for the day has the same issue. Anyone else out there with the ISC not working?

Just to update everyone. Tech support at MG have come back to say that: "There is a problem with the ISA software that we are currently looking into. Hopefully a software fix should be available quite soon to resolve the problem."

I have exactly that one mine too!

I have never found it really works. I was under the impression / assumption the car wouldn't go over the limit showing, be it manual or intelligent set, unless you put significant extra pressure down on the pedal ( to get out of danger etc ). It would still always go over the limit on mine without the extra presuure so I don't use it as I cant rely on it. I've just got used to watching the speed more. Driving more efficiently to maximise range tends to make it more likely you stay within the limit.

Because it's absolutely useless, not a fault of the system or the car but the utterly pathetic placing of road speed limit signs. My car picks up too many 20 mph signs on 30 limit roads, because the council have placed them too close to the main road or some scrote has decided to point them in the wrong direction "for fun". Hence I never use it and never will. I just set ACC to the speed limit and let it do the work.

I would do that also but alas no regen when in ACC on the ZSEV, unlike the 4 and 5 where it does get regen. However irrespective of what speed is set, be it 20 or 30,( from manual or intelligent) my speed can still creep above it when I am not forcibly putting my foot down to override it.

Hi. New user so just hunting around on the forum and found this.

Can somebody let me know if the speed limit assist issue is still outstanding? I am currently having to remember to hunt through the settings to re-enable it at the start of every journey.

I use it on every journey - the fact that I never have to check I am within the speed limit means I spend more time looking outside the car for hazards. It is just a basic road safety tool for me.

In all my previous cars this function was just a default that I never had to think about.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom