MG ZS EV Quality Survey

stevews

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, just ordered a brand new ZS EV, would you mind to share your "breakdown" record of your ZS that required service during your ownership, I really really want to know the reliability of this car, and the quality standard of China manufacturing.

If you ask a forum what problems they have had you'll get a list of problems. Not sure that actually helps you. Mine has been faultless (so far!), as I suspect have the majority.
I second the above, when I first got mine I joined and read the comments and thought to myself WTF have I bought, As RobinH mine has been faultless too, don't get me wrong they have their niggles, but nothing requiring a visit to the dealer.

Not sure why you would ask after ordering, probably better to do research beforehand

Gen 1 Exclusive, December 2020 to December 2022, new steering column and rotary selector knob replaced under warranty, no hassle, courtesy car and above average service from the dealer

Gen 2 SR Trophy Connect, December 2022 to present, zero issues

Very rarely do people with no issues and are just happy with their choice make posts. You don't often see "Drove 50 miles today, charged at home, no problems encountered". If that was the case then I would be posting on the Skoda forum daily and here on my wife's behalf.

As mentioned above, forums by their nature attract more downs than ups

Brilliant budget family car

Gen1 owner from new - had the steering column replaced under warranty due to clicking (done in two parts, lower section first, then upper section, had to wait months for the upper section but car was safe to drive and the clicking was an annoyance more than anything). No other issues.

A brilliant car for the money. The sat-nav is a bit naff compared to other makes, but I use Android Auto with Plugshare and Google Maps so isn't a problem.

Make sure you have all the latest firmware updates as many of the problems posted are related to old, buggy software.

Loving the sky roof in this weather. :)

You might want to check whether you can open the passenger doors from the inside. There was a batch at the end of last year that seemed to suffer this, my own included, and part scarcity meant I had a replacement car for almost 4 months!

Thought I had that problem with passenger door opening from inside. but due to deadlocking found a double pull works fine to open (found this out on the forum). 7k since August last year in my MG ZS EV Trophy LR. No issues love it.

You might want to check whether you can open the passenger doors from the inside. There was a batch at the end of last year that seemed to suffer this, my own included, and part scarcity meant I had a replacement car for almost 4 months!
Thanks and I shall double check at the time I collect my car, hopefully next month. Seems this is a known problem which I heard from multiple sources.

As some of you may have seen, my ZSEV has been back at the dealers for 4 months now, with no end in sight. I believe the issues my car is exhibiting are solely relating to incompetent dealers and not the factory.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom