MG ZS TROPHY Standard Range creeping

Solar powered

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Forgive me, we don't quite have the car yet, collecting in 4 days time the very car we test drove 3 days ago. It's am ex-demo car so has settings already set by others. I noticed in traffic that having stopped the car wanted to slowly move off without touching the accelerator pedal. I've driven plenty of auto ICE vehicles and this is known as creeping, when the auto box and engine tick over aren't adjusted correctly. So that's what I was expecting of the ev. Is it normal? Or is something in the settings doing this? Or should I be switching the big knob to Neutral while paused in traffic?

Maybe the Autohold function was not enabled on the car when you drove it.

Mine does the creep thing, whenever i come to a stop but i only lightly and shortly press the brake.

As soon as i firmly press the brake for more than x amount of time, it will turn on a green A in the instrument, and will be stopped and braked completely until i press the accelerator.

The Autohold feature is next to the "manual" parking brake button in the centre console between the gear selector and the cup holders.

Car will reset to defaults when first turned on. When stationary apply the handbrake (use switch) as you would in an ice vehicle. Press the accelerator to move off and the handbrake automatically releases.

Car will reset to defaults when first turned on. When stationary apply the handbrake (use switch) as you would in an ice vehicle. Press the accelerator to move off and the handbrake automatically releases.
Mine has the autostop feature enabled, and this does not reset to "defaults" when turned on....Unless autostart enabled is the default setting, in which case i would not know as i want it to be on at any time.

I dont really know what the idea of the P in the middle of the gear selector and the Parking brake switch is for, as the car automatically "pull's" the handbrake whenever i stop and turn the car off.

Forgive me, we don't quite have the car yet, collecting in 4 days time the very car we test drove 3 days ago. It's am ex-demo car so has settings already set by others. I noticed in traffic that having stopped the car wanted to slowly move off without touching the accelerator pedal. I've driven plenty of auto ICE vehicles and this is known as creeping, when the auto box and engine tick over aren't adjusted correctly. So that's what I was expecting of the ev. Is it normal? Or is something in the settings doing this? Or should I be switching the big knob to Neutral while paused in traffic?
The Autohokd button is active. Once it is switched off the car will not creep until you release the brake by pressing the accelerator, from them on, until you apply the parking brake it will continue to creep ad you are used to.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom