• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG3 News?

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR

So any other news on the MG3. I asked a guy in MG and he said it will be due end of this year early next. Plus this article back in January. Is it worth having its own thread now like the Marvel R etc has?

Personally I think it'll be a massive hit and probably the cheapest EV ever.

That rendering doesn't actually look too bad. This good be a neat car.
Oh it's going to be a cracker of a car. Small, nippy hatchback and EV. This is what my Mrs is waiting for. And cheaper than any Zoe etc. Think this is where the average person wanting a small EV and can't afford big things will go for. We would have got the petrol version a year ago but it doesn't come in an automatic.

So any other news on the MG3. I asked a guy in MG and he said it will be due end of this year early next. Plus this article back in January. Is it worth having its own thread now like the Marvel R etc has?

Personally I think it'll be a massive hit and probably the cheapest EV ever.
Got the MG3 petrol in October 20 and was told electric replacement due October 21

Right on my birthday, maybe a little treat for myself :)
Petrol MG3 is great and my father in laws MG ZS EV is also great so I am looking forward to an MG3 electric.

He liked the MG3 when I bought it and asked if they did an electric, the ZS EV was all that was available but he is very pleased with it after having had a BMW3 for the last 20 years.

Mrs Caldosan loves my new MG5 and whilst she is a Mini fan, is underwhelmed by their electric offerings. A new MG3 EV might just turn her away from the dark side into the light.

There is sales to made in this small car EV league, that’s for sure.
Not really a massive amount of competition in the class.
Yeah - There is the Mini EV and the Fiat 500 EV but expensive for the size of the car.
I don’t think the VAG group is offering the e.uP at the moment, or the similar offerings of the City Go / Imeiv.
If the price is pitched correctly, then it will sell for a great “Nipping About” car I think.

I think the Dacia Spring could be the car to beat in the small EV sector if/when it arrives in the UK - essentially using proven Renault technology but scaled down to a budget pricepoint

In comparison with the MG, especially taking the likely cost of the Dacia into account, it does look good value for money. OK, you'd have to go into buying it knowing that the real world range is likely to be less, but if you understood and accepted this (i.e. mostly urban driving like it's been designed for), this car could be successful.

I currently own a MG3 (19 plate) and currently sitting on the fence awaiting news of a possible MG3 EV..... If this does not come to fruition then i will definitely consider purchasing the face-lifted ZS EV next year. I must admit I have owned my MG3 from brand new and it has been an exceptional car.

With Dacia being an arm of Renault, would this not incur the ridiculous "battery lease" arrangement used on the Zoe that effectively negated any benefits of going EV? 🤔

If the MG3 comes in a good £5k or more below list price of the Corsa-e, ideally sub-£20k, especially after discounts, etc - then I think it could sell well if stock available.

The new Fiat Panda EV is the one which is keeping me curious - hoping (but not expecting) a dual motor version to replace the massively competent Fiat Panda 4x4.

MG had better get there fingers out are the will be left behind when this kind of car comes to market which it will I have watched/and read a lot about this mega manufacturer in China who are going to be coming to Europe very soon in fact some of there vehicles are already in Europe today and if this car arrives well watch out everyone.
Have a watch at these 2 videos.
Les.

Blimey, all I could think about on that second video was the Paul Barron Nightclub (I'm not expecting many to get that reference ;)).

MG had better get there fingers out are the will be left behind when this kind of car comes to market which it will I have watched/and read a lot about this mega manufacturer in China who are going to be coming to Europe very soon in fact some of there vehicles are already in Europe today and if this car arrives well watch out everyone.
Have a watch at these 2 videos.
Les.

Don’t forget the Ora Cat!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom