MG5 ACC

Markybhoy1888

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can this be turned off? I just want standard cruise control. The breaking when a car is in front and the time it takes to realise it has moved over is too slow and I’d rather not use it. Is there a way to use cruise control normally?

I don't think the radar aspect can be turned off. I drove an MG5 standard for 4 months( which had the simple cruise on/off with no ACC ). 6 weeks ago I upgraded to the MG5LR with ACC and at first I found the "mandatory" ACC really annoying for the reasons you have given. However, after using it a lot I now appreciate the logic of this which is :

1) In the MG5 standard ( i.e. no ACC ) when the car in front has moved out/cut in/braked/accelerated you had to brake/accelerate & reset cruise, especially in busy traffic. Worked well and easy to do, but I found I was constantly adjusting cruise.

2 In theh MG5 LR Sometimes ACC does seem to be on the slow side in reacting, in which case you just override it by braking/accelerating as required, then reset/resume ACC as required ( as you would have done in the MG5 standard ) . Overall less work than standard cruise.

At first I was annoyed by ACC compared with basic cruise but now I much prefer it. My main gripe with ACC is that even the longest of the 3 distance settings leaves me a bit on the close side when doing 60 to 70mph. Maybe some one knows of some way of calibrating to increase the ACC distance ??

Thanks, that’s really helpful having that different perspective! I totally see your points and will persevere! (Embarrassingly I didn’t realise you could override ACC by braking / accelerating!) …this will likely make all the difference! Cheers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom