Mg5 Brake light Problem

Scott J

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, I bought an ex demonstrator Mg5. SR with 4300miles on the clock 11 months old on the 7th August . I was supposed to collect it on Tuesday the 9th however as it was getting its final checks done the workshop discovered that once the brake pedal was pressed then released the brake l8ghts remained on. The salesman thought this would be an easy fix and arranged for me to use their mg5 LR. This has not been an easy fix salesman called me with and update on the 17th of August saying MG technical services have given the dealer various solutions to try and it will just be a matter of trail and error until the problem is fixed. In the meantime I'm still using the dealership LR model. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I was supposed to collect my car. Has anyone heard of or had similar problems?

Most problems reported here with brake lights were around them not coming on when people thought they should but a recall was issued for that - software update IIRC. Could be worth them re-applying that fix, if it deals with brake light logic, who knows?

If you use the parking hold button when you stop the brake lights stay on as it keeps the brake pedal in a certain place. This doesn't happen using 'P'

Most problems reported here with brake lights were around them not coming on when people thought they should but a recall was issued for that - software update IIRC. Could be worth them re-applying that fix, if it deals with brake light logic, who knows?
I'll pass that onto the dealer

Hi , I've forwarded your reply to my dealership to see if it helps, they've had my SR MG5 for almost five weeks now. Thanks

At least they have given you a comparable car to use in the meantime..... Using up their tyres etc, not yours.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom