MG5 Facelift does it come with a type 2?

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

I am sure this is answered here somewhere but my search skills have let me down.

Does the MG5 Facelift come standard with the following if buying straight from a dealer?
  • type 2 cable?
  • Granny charger?
  • floor mats

Many thanks

My SR came with just the Granny.
You can ask if they will throw in a type2 and mats but you probably won't get them for free.

Assuming the Affinity scheme is still active (I understand it is) and that you belong to one of the qualifying groups, you should buy using it. My MG5 LR (obviously pre-facelift) included all of those items "as standard". I'm a retired teacher, which is what qualifies me for the scheme.

The very nicer dealer gave me a type 2 and mats for free. I should have the car before Xmas as it was pre orders they have.

@smokie

But it's still being advertised! This is the page on my local dealer's site. I was actually there yesterday and should have asked whether it is still "active".

My local dealer said it isn't but I've contacted a couple of others and waiting to find out now.

Hmm..

Since their website still clearly says that Affinity is available I've emailed my sales contact at my local dealer to ask. Will report back once I have a reply (he is usually pretty quick in responding).

(The actual web page I'm looking at is here.)

The new MG5 was showing up on the affinity Website, with £0 savings but with free type 2 charging cable and free metallic paint (see attached screenshot). Unfortunately they refused to honour this and said it was a mistake. After I emailed them, they removed the car entirely from the Website, and my dealer is charging full price and no free cable :-/

0B8C18B5-B22E-4752-879A-CCCA875450EA.jpeg
A97BBCCF-8FD5-4E03-893D-6B04E3CBD8F4.png

That's exactly what my dealer quoted too.

Also they suggested I sell my pre-facelift myself as it would likely do much better than a p/ex. (They were the same with my previous car when I got the curent MG5). I respect them for their openness on that.

Just to add even more confusion about the Affinity scheme, I've just received this from my dealer:
To answer your question the affinity scheme still exists but not on a ZS ev
Not sure where that leaves the question???

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom