MG5 LR Kers3 recall

Thanks for the information, that is very interesting, have noticed that it does vary in de acceleration, but I thought I was imagining it. Will do further checksđź‘Ť
The variation in deceleration may be due to variations in ambient and hence battery temperature, the colder it is the less KERS. My ZS tends to give hardly ant KERS below 2 deg C.

Thanks for the information, will read with interest. đź‘Ť
You can activate the KERS 3 from about 97%. Full deceleration won't be available until under 80%. It's to do with battery protection. Its the same when you are charging the car from a rapid charger. The charge rate is dramatically reduced from 80%. So for the same reason its quicker to jump in your car and continue to the next charger rather than wait for 100%.

Had my recall and system upgrade done yesterday. All works fine except on first start up Sat Nav would not respond to touch screen instructions and car play wouldn’t connect. Pressed close button, closed and reopened still no response. Turn car off and back on, Sat Nav. and CarPlay connected fine. First time I have used KERS 3, and I can now see what all the fuss is about, brake lights came on when decelerating so all ok. Lost data stored in the trip which also re set during update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom