MG5 sat Nov - require arrow in driving direction

RogerWill

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
We can't seem to find if/ how the onboard sat Nov can be altered so that the arrow icon is pointing in the card driving direction not north as it is.
We do use Google map, BUT it seems the car is quite regularly not happy with the USB connection and gives an error message.
Have bought 3 new ones all have this issue, so need the onboard satnav as a backup, but at present seems the prime navigation means.
Thank you
Roger

You need a cable with decent bandwidth. Screen mirroring needs fast data transfer. A lot of cable are only really constructed for charging or file transfer which is not timing critical.
Get a decent brand like aneker or something that says its high speed.
Also the little compass symbol top centre toggles North up view.

Last edited:
Any advise on setting the MG sat Nov direction arrow to car driven direction NOT true north

Thank you again
Roger
You need a cable with decent bandwidth. Screen mirroring needs fast data transfer. A lot of cable are only really constructed for charging or file transfer which is not timing critical.
Get a decent brand like aneker or something that says its high speed.
Also the little compass symbol top centre toggles North up view.
So you can't have the MG sat Nov compass/ arrow set for car direction?- have always had S/N's set in direction car is going

Didn't use the car yesterday but this evening. I had the mg sat nav on. Here i am driving SW as shown by the bottom left. The map is rotated so the arrow points upwards and the map matches the direction of travel.
20220615_182205.jpg
20220615_182205.jpg

I did find in North up mode the map isn't kept central to the car position ie the arrow drive off the edge of the map and doesn't recentre.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom