Milton Keynes Coachway

Jon Farmer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
On a recent trip to Luton Airport I stopped off at Milton Keynes Coachway as I saw there were 4 Ionity chargers located there. When I got there only charger 2 was free so I tried that. After a frustrating 15 minutes I discovered that this charger wasn’t working. No problem there were right next to them a bank of BP Pulse chargers arranged in a circle. I tried a couple of these, clicked on charge as a guest but each time the contactless pad failed to activate. I tried three separate chargers each failing to activate the contactless pad. By this time one of the Ionity chargers became free so I used that.

I contacted BP Pulse about this and they tried to claim the chargers were for members only. But they failed to explain why the charger asked if you wanted to charge as a guest and the signs indicated they took contactless payment.

Is anyone familiar with these chargers and able to let me know where I went wrong?

On a recent trip to Luton Airport I stopped off at Milton Keynes Coachway as I saw there were 4 Ionity chargers located there. When I got there only charger 2 was free so I tried that. After a frustrating 15 minutes I discovered that this charger wasn’t working. No problem there were right next to them a bank of BP Pulse chargers arranged in a circle. I tried a couple of these, clicked on charge as a guest but each time the contactless pad failed to activate. I tried three separate chargers each failing to activate the contactless pad. By this time one of the Ionity chargers became free so I used that.

I contacted BP Pulse about this and they tried to claim the chargers were for members only. But they failed to explain why the charger asked if you wanted to charge as a guest and the signs indicated they took contactless payment.

Is anyone familiar with these chargers and able to let me know where I went wrong?
These BP chargers have a dreadful reputation for unreliability, but I don’t know the specifics. But I do know they’re best avoided out of working hours, because Milton Keynes council EV vans are usually parked there overnight for charging! 😡🤬

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom