Miniture EVs

dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
So I'm new to EVs, but my daughter has been driving them all her life. Many years ago I built a Toylander 1 (based on Series I Land Rover) for her to drive. It's an electric vehicle, and it uses mobility scooter running gear underneath. She first drove it aged 3 (in the snow), and many years later it is still going strong. This is her much older now, having just finished giving charity rides to local children at our village fete. I have pointed out to her that using a phone while driving is an offence ;-)

Toylander 2023.jpg

Many years ago I helped a friend of mine rebuild a Series 2A including replacing the chassis and putting in a Rover V8.
That's quite a project. I'm following an Austrailian chap who lives in the US, and is restoring a Series I Land Rover with a V8. He's doing an amazing job, and his videos are so witty.

My first Land Rover was a Series III, and had several other since. My friend is the same, and has a 1958 Series I which he's just finished restoring. Bodywork was left with all the dents, dings, and scratches it's picked up over 65 years. However the chassis and all mechanical parts are all like new.

Check out the "Swingbin Racer". It's based on a Swingbin bottom for the nosecone, a fabricated chassis and body tub with an old cordless drill bearing against the rear wheel for motive power.
Here's my take on it, which I built for the grandkiddies 5 years ago, when they were a lot smaller. It uses a motor/gearbox/wheel assembly that was originally intended to clamp underneath a normal wheelchair to make it easier to push.
The perfect solution was to use it for a 3 wheeler in the style of the venerable Morgan 3 wheeler.
Enjoy
20160524_202514.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom