Missing Ismart functionality

MaxLogun

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all a couple of weeks ago I final got a discharge adapter for my MG4 Trophy and so can now connect my car to my home to help later in the year when my solar does not get so much sun. I park my car under the carport at the top of my garden and have to go upto the car every time I want to use the discharge option as there is nothing in the Ismart app to turn it on and off, now I know it not something that is going to be an issue for 99.9% of people but the Ismart app doesn't seem to show anything at all when the car is discharging so you can easily leave the car connected and discharging with nothing showing on the app and only the blue lights on the charge port letting you know the discharge adapter connected. I live off grid so this was one reason I went for an MG this is a great benefit for me but would love to be able to switch it on and off with the Ismart app instead of going up the garden unlocking and switch on the car just to use the feature. Very pleased with the car this would just be an extra little benefit for ease of use I'm not complaining, I'm able to use the app to switch the charging on and off as I please so I would think it is quite possible to implement, would be interested to hear if anyone else out there would like to be able to control the discharge function though the app too. Wishing you all a lovely day.

Hi Max

Yes I agree it would be a very convenient function if embedded within the i-Smart app.

I have used the dis-charge function myself and If I lived off-grid it would probably be worth buying the MG Trophy Connect just for the internet connection (phone & net) and the discharge capability.

If anyone out there knows of any way to remotely turn dis-charge off and on, I too would be very interested to hear about it.

When it's on dis-charge does it run the 12 volt battery down or does it keep it topped up ?

Hi Max

Yes I agree it would be a very convenient function if embedded within the i-Smart app.

I have used the dis-charge function myself and If I lived off-grid it would probably be worth buying the MG Trophy Connect just for the internet connection (phone & net) and the discharge capability.

If anyone out there knows of any way to remotely turn dis-charge off and on, I too would be very interested to hear about it.

When it's on dis-charge does it run the 12 volt battery down or does it keep it topped up ?
From my experience it does charge the 12 volt battery at the time it is discharging.
I can stop my system from pulling any power remotely but the car stays in discharge mode, one day I forgot to go upto the car and switch it off and over night the battery dropped 1% ok not a big deal but as it seems to constantly charge the 12 volt battery when in discharge mode I would not think this is a good idea for the health of the 12 volt battery as it seems to hold it at 14.8 volts which seems very high to me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom