Misted front screen

My system, air con on and two red blobs, start off with fan speed two and then drop to one and one red blob. Heat directed at screen and feet. As above I don’t recycle the air unless coming into stop start traffic. That keeps it mist free even after a damp trudge around the woods like me and the boy had today. Efficiency takes a hit but as I’m never pushing more than a 70 mile round trip at the moment, I’m care free on that, when it’s only pence to charge up the difference overnight

Update for me the two dehumidifiers are definitely helping as I placed them on the front dash and that window remained much clearer than the rear side and back window when things got a little steamy...

Goodness, I thought I was moving forward with an electric car! Pads, wipes, windows open etc its like going back to the 60's with a VW Beetle and or an Austin A35, Any one remember those "demister pads" you could stick on the rear screen? That's for those old enough ;-)

I noticed my car was steamed up yesterday - all windows including the sunroof. Checked the footwells and boot to see if there had been any leaks during the night's rain we had, couldn't find any evidence, everything was bone dry. We had gone shopping the previous day and had to put wet shopping bags in the car, so I'm putting it down to that.

I can rule out leaky incontinence pants as per @nielsvdv2's video! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I bought some wind deflectors from the MG owners club (about £75) which allow you to have the windows open a little without getting rain ingress, it circulates the air and cuts down on misting up. Also tried one of the dehumidifier pads but they don't work and they stink of rotten eggs, I accused the wife of farting and she hasn't spoken to me for a few days on the plus side she hasn't spoken to me for a few days.

I have the same issue. I used rainx on the inside of the windscreen and it definately helps.

The dehumidifier bags work for me but you do have to keep refreshing them in the microwave if you've had a lot of damp weather. Microwave them for 6 minutes, then about a five minutes out of the microwave, on top of a central heating radiator to let off the steam, leaving the microwave door open to do the same. Repeat this 3 times and you're good to go.
They do tend to absorb the smells from the car as well, so you could be right about the wife farting. :LOL:
Mine smell of new car smell when I'm microwaving them.

The dehumidifier bags work for me but you do have to keep refreshing them in the microwave if you've had a lot of damp weather. Microwave them for 6 minutes, then about a five minutes out of the microwave, on top of a central heating radiator to let off the steam, leaving the microwave door open to do the same. Repeat this 3 times and you're good to go.
They do tend to absorb the smells from the car as well, so you could be right about the wife farting. :LOL:
Mine smell of new car smell when I'm microwaving them.
Works for me too, I have two on the front dash one in each corner...

1604692523327.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom