Motorway Electric Car Chargers

Grriff

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Now there's a surprise (Links to BBC article)
I shall be writing to my MP.

" A target for the number of high-powered electric vehicle charge points near motorways has been missed, analysis from the RAC shows.
The government wanted every motorway service station in England to have at least six rapid or ultra-rapid chargers by the end of 2023."

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching 'Dave takes it on' yesterday about the future of motorway services or charging hubs.

It's a target that should still be aimed for. The increased number of chargers at Watford Gap facilitate my regular journey back and forth to Leeds from Southampton perfectly. Any increase in chargers, be they hubs or Mway should, hopefully, lead to some pricing differences and perhaps a saving on the 79p a unit pricing that's fast becoming the norm...

The number of chargers gets to a point where it is irrelevant if the amount charged for the electricity is ridiculous.

at 70p/kW (in an EV getting 3 miles per kW) the equivalent fuel price would be £2.50/Litre (50MPG car) or £1.60/Litre (30MPG car). If you also factor in purchase price differentials the cost of running an EV for any journey involving public charging does not make sense.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom